Super Doughy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that are grain free, gluten free and so easy!
Back in December I hosted a healthy holiday baking class in NYC. It was seriously so much fun to hang out with some of you guys and bake together. About 40 people were there and we made cookies, truffles, chatted and ate all these Chocolate Chip Cookies.
It still is mind boggling to me that I even “taught” a baking class. With no background in the baking, cooking or nutrition fields, it is definitely not something I would have expected ever doing. But I cannot wait to plan some more interactive events and classes with everyone. Hopefully more to come this year in NYC and even in other cities over the country.
It is on my bucket list with J to travel as much as we can to places we haven’t been before. Chicago, Boulder, Hawaii, etc. Places in the USA. It is crazy to me I traveled all over Europe, vacationed at a handful of islands, yet haven’t been to the central part of the country.. insane! How cool would it be to bake with you guys anywhere we go?
At the NYC class, we made these Super Doughy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and they were a hit. I promised I would share them on the blog afterwards so anyone can enjoy them forever, even after the class. And that way, everyone can make them too.
They are vegan, gluten and grain-free and so so simple to make. Theses cookies are the ultimate milk and cookie “cookie” and they melt in your mouth when you eat them fresh out of the oven. You also need minimal patience for these cookies because they take less than 25 minutes start to finish. It doesn’t get better than that.
WHAT YOU NEED
almond flour (do not recommend a sub)
coconut flour (do not recommend a sub)
almond butter (can use any nut butter you’d like)
coconut oil (get liquid coconut oil, it is a game changer)
maple syrup (or honey)
your favorite dark chocolate chips or chunks
The only pain in the tush part about this recipe is having to chill the dough in the fridge. But it only takes 10 minutes and it really is crucial. It helps the cookies form and stay together when baking. Luckily they only take 10 minutes to bake, so you will be eating cookies in no time.
- If you want these cookies to be doughy (how I like them) bake for 10 minutes or less
- If you want these cookies to be on the crispier side, bake for about 12 minutes (how my parents like them)
- I do not recommend subbing any flours here, use the exact measurements of almond and coconut flour listed below
- These taste really good frozen BTW 😉
Super Doughy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain-free)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: About 9 cookies 1x
- Category: vegan, grain free, gluten free
- Cuisine: dessert
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 and ⅓ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder and set aside
- In another medium bowl, mix together almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup
- Add wet ingredients and dry and mix again until well combined
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil
- Form into cookies (about 2 tablespoons each)
- Pop in fridge for 10 minutes
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- *Will stay good for 5-7 days or freeze for longer!