The Best Vegetarian Chopped Salad! As a meat lover – this salad hits the spot and it is an easy and filling plant-based addition to your salad rotation.
OMG THIS SALAD!!! I never in a million years thought I would love a vegetarians salad.
I am a huge meat lover. Chicken, lamb, salmon, beef, anything!! I am not someone who eats vegetarian anything and feels satisfied. But this salad mash up – it is beyond good fam. It is one of the best veggie loaded bowls you can make and the dressing itself is delectable. I always make a huge batch of it and keep it in the fridge on hand. Not to mention it’s amazing to marinate chicken too.
I hope you guys love this salad as much as I do. Keep me posted if you make it!!
What ingredients are in this vegetarian salad and DREAMY cilantro dressing:
- Romaine, chopped
- Kale, chopped
- Carrot, chopped
- Cucumber, chopped
- Goat cheese
- Kalamata olives, chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Pistachios, unshelled
- Cilantro leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Champagne vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
Other ways to customize this salad for your liking:
- You can toss any desired mix-in’s you want here. And of course if you want to add protein to the mix – go for it!! This would be so good with grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs and some wild salmon too.
- If cilantro isn’t your thing, use any other dressing you love. I also use this one from my Kale + Brussels Sprout Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing, The Best Winter Kale Salad to Make or The Best Healthy Classic Caesar Salad
- If you want to prep this ahead of time, I recommend dressing right before eating!
The Best Vegetarian Chopped Salad
The Best Vegetarian Chopped Salad! As a meat lover – this salad always hits the spot and it is an easy and filling plant-based addition to your salad idea paired with a cilantro dressing.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
Yield: Serves 1-2 1x
- 1.5 cup romaine, chopped
- 1.5 cup tuscan kale, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, unshelled
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If too thick – add more water or oil to thin out
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl, add desired amount of dressing and enjoy!
*Store dressing in the fridge for 5 days. Dress before eating!
- Category: Salad