The last recipe before Thanksgiving is here!
This Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf is my most recent sweet bread recipe over here and it is a total game changer you guys. It reminds me of an oatmeal crumb cake except it is plant-based and not filled with a ton of refined sugar or even regular flour.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake finally has a healthy cousin now that actually tastes good and is made with simple and delicious ingredients!
The best part about this loaf is how moist it cakes. Yes I know, gross! Moist has a bad rep but there are times that there just isn’t another word that can describe the loaf as accurately!
I use oat flour in this Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf. Most people don’t realize that you can easily make your own oat flour at home! No need to buy it. I simply take oats and add them to my blender or food processor and blend for a couple of minutes until it is processed into a fine flour-like form.
I used One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Rolled Oats to make the one in this recipe. One Degree Organic Foods is an amazing small family business with one big goal. They are all about sustainable farming and local foods. They bring us food straight from the farm to our kitchen. We can trace where every ingredient in every one of their products comes from with this awesome traceability technology using the code found on the package!
They only source ingredients from organic farmers who use only plant-based methods and they have 100% traceability back to them. HOW COOL?!
One Degree Organic Foods makes a variety of amazing products ranging from cereals to flour, breads, seeds and tortillas! I am partnering with them over the next year to bring you guys a variety of delicious recipes using their products. Everything is truly amazing and I am so honored to be collaborating with them!
I use their Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats in this recipe. They sprout their gluten-free oats before to make it easier for us to digest. Plus sprouting grains and nuts also helps boast more nutrients from the product too!
After you have a chance to bake this Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf, I have a few more dreamy loafs on the blog for you here.
WHAT YOU NEED
Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf (made with oat flour)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: About 8 slices 1x
- Category: vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free
- Cuisine: breakfast, snack
- 1 and 3/4 cup One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup One Degree Organic Rolled Oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish well
- In a blender or food processor, add 1 and 3/4 cups of the rolled oats and blend to create oat flour. It should be a fine texture and similar to flour-like consistency (usually takes me 2-3 minutes)
- In a large bowl add of the bread ingredients (not the topping ones!) and mix well with hand mixer (you can also blend this too to get it creamy)
- Pour batter onto bread dish and being making the topping
- In a small bowl, add the topping ingredients and mix well
- Pour onto the loaf batter and evenly distribute
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or so or until loaf is cooked through (I use a toothpick to see if it is cooked!)
- Let cool then enjoy!
- *Will stay good for 5 days or you can freeze for longer
Thank you One Degree Organic Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!