Vegan Sweet Potato Banana Oatmeal Muffins perfect for kids! Made with gluten-free and nut-free ingredients. No added sugar besides banana and they only require 5 key ingredients to whip up.
One of the most requested types of recipes here on the blog are the ones for kids and babies!
I have shared a few kid-friendly recipes over the past few months, but I don’t usually make many recipes dedicated to kids and babies. Ezra has always eaten the same foods that we eat. There isn’t “ezra food” then “our food”. I of course try and limit his sugar intake, so when I make banana breads and such, I will omit sugars or just use less of them.
But for all my mamas and papas looking for a super easy muffin recipe for your kids to have for breakfast or a snack, these Sweet Potato Banana Oatmeal Muffins are it!
These vegan and nut-free muffins have sweet potato in them, are naturally sweetened with banana and I add in some gluten-free rolled oats.
I love making these on a Sunday or earlier in the week so Ezra has a snack ready to go, and I slice it up into smaller pieces and he will feed it to himself. I often add some nut butter on top too to make them a little more filling.
Let’s run through the key ingredients needed to make these:
- Bananas – you’ll need about 2 large bananas. The more freckled and ripe, the better!
- Sweet potato puree – or you can use pumpkin puree. I buy this in can form at the store. Just look for no added sugar and organic when possible!
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Gluten-free oat flour
- Optional add-in’s: chocolate chips, nuts, berries and some creamy nut butter for on top.
A few of my other recipes to make for Ezra: Healthy Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Muffins (vegan), Gluten-free Maple Banana Oatmeal Bake + 6-ingredient Paleo Blueberry Banana Bread MuffinsPrint
Vegan Sweet Potato Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Vegan Sweet Potato Banana Oatmeal Muffins perfect for kids! Made with gluten-free, nut-free ingredients, no added sugar besides banana and they only require 5 key ingredients to whip up.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 muffins 1x
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree (or sub pumpkin puree)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional mix-in’s: chocolate chips, berries, chopped nuts and a little honey or maple syrup for sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners
- Whisk together bananas, sweet potato and flax eggs until creamy
- Mix in the oats, oat flour and baking powder until smooth and well combined
- Fold in the optional mix-in’s in using
- Add muffins batter to tray (this will make about 6 muffins)
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes
- Top with a little nut butter if you’d like and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for longer