Veggie-loaded Tortilla Breakfast Pizzas made with minimal ingredients for a fun breakfast dish!
Does anyone else eat breakfast food for lunch or dinner every week? Or is that just me?
In fact, I think I eat breakfast food more often than not. There is something about eggs with lunch and dinner that satisfies me. I love adding a fried egg to pretty much an bowl or scrambled eggs onto a sandwich, but my recent favorite is making breakfast PIZZA.
Yes, we are making breakfast pizza friends. Veggie-loaded Tortilla Breakfast Pizzas in fact.
They are so easy to make and literally take 15 minutes to whip up. I love how versatile breakfast pizzas are too because you add pretty much any veggie, meat or anything you are craving – pop it in the oven and voila. Tortillas makes the best crust because they require zero work, add tons of flavor and they are lighter than your usual pizza crust recipe. Plus you double stack them so they don’t get too soggy when you add all the dreamy toppings on top.
My recent favorite combo is this recipe I share with you guys today. I even made them dairy-free and still added some cheese on top thanks to Go Veggie, the healthier cheese alternative. Go Veggie makes a variety of cheese shreds, slices, spreads, parm and more. I used the shreds in this recipe and they were so perfectly melted then crispy from broiling the pizza for a couple minutes. Oh my gosh, SO GOOD.
WHAT YOU NEED
Tortillas (I used these grain-free ones)
Veggie-loaded Tortilla Breakfast Pizzas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
Yield: 2 small pizzas 1x
- 4 tortillas (I used Siete Food’s almond flour but any work)
- 2 eggs (organic, pasture-raised preferred)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- A few jalapeños, sliced
- 1/3 cup Go Veggie Cheese Shreds (any variety works)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grace with avocado oil spray
- Stack two tortillas on top of each other making a “thicker” pizza crust (you can use 1 if you prefer but it likely won’t be heavy enough to hold the contents”
- Add salsa, onion, and cheese to each then crack an egg on top of each pizza
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until egg white looks like it is almost done
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cooked to your liking
- Top with jalapeños, avocado and enjoy immediately!
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian
- Cuisine: breakfast, pizza
Thank you Go Veggie for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!