Crispy crunchy pan-fried tacos that are actually healthy?
Sign me the beep UP! These tacos have been on repeat over here and I am not sure why it took me so long to whip these gems up. I love how simple and easy they are to make. They are filling, satisfying and they take minimal effort to cook.
You’ll notice I use Bonafide Provisions Organic Bone Broth in two different steps within this one recipe. Step one you cook the quinoa with both water and broth. Why you may ask? Because it adds the most amazing flavor to the quinoa. I don’t know about you but quinoa tastes bland to me so by adding some bone broth in the pot, it really adds a lot more flavor than with just water. You do need to be careful not to over boil as that isn’t good for the broth to over boil for too long.
Step two we “fry” the tacos in a skillet with avocado oil and some broth. The tortillas get extra crispy and flavorful too and SO flipping good. They are filled with avocado, the bone broth quinoa and leafy greens. You can of course add any additional proteins or anything you’re craving. I made these with grass-fed steak and they were so dreamy.
You guys know I sneak in bone broth into my food as much as I can and also drink it straight up. It has collagen in it, making it pretty filing for a beverage and it has been great for my stomach whenever it is feeling off. It is so comforting and more nutritious than your typical broth. More on bone broth here and how it was the first thing I even broke my non-meat eating streak with. I always buy Bonafide Provisions bone broth because I can trust their broth, I love the taste and it is good quality. There are many broths out there that aren’t even actually bone broth!
If you guys whip up these tacos, don’t forget to tag me on social media. I cannot wait to hear what you think!Print
Crispy Pan Fried Quinoa Avocado Tacos
Crispy Pan Fried Quinoa Avocado Tacos made with gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients plus they are cooked with organic bone broth for extra nutrition and flavor!
- Yield: 4 tacos 1x
- Add the quinoa, water and bone broth to a small pot and bring to a very light boil then cover and simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds (this is key so they are easy to work with)
- Add a couple spoonfuls of quinoa to one side of a tortilla followed by leafy greens and avocado slices and repeat for each tortilla
- Fold the tortillas in half gently
- Warm a large cast iron skillet with avocado oil and a couple splashes of bone broth
- Add about 2 tacos to the skillet once warm and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side (you may fit more or less on the skillet, depends on size)
- Remove from heat and enjoy while warm (I love dipping them in this)
Thank you Bonafide Provisions for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in on the blog!