Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Brownie Bites that are vegan with no added sugar!
Hi friends! I am so excited to share this recipe with you.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Brownie Bites.
Yup, we are combining two of life’s greatest foods into one delicious dessert recipe. Did I mention it these brownie bites are also vegan, grain-free and they are only sweetened with bananas. There is no added sugar in this recipe. So no coconut sugar, no honey, no maple syrup, nada! As we know bananas are sweet enough it is the perfect amount of sugar for the recipe.
These banana bread brownies are also plant-based thanks to Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread! Earth Balance makes all non-GMO products and their original buttery spread is delicious. They are the most popular vegan buttery spread in the country and also sell a variety of snacks, baking products and more. I love using their coconut spread and also the organic whipped and soy free versions. They are the perfect substitute for butter in any recipe or you can also just smear some on top of toast. Their coconut spread adds that sweetness like coconut oil does but so much easier to add to any recipe!
I personally like using almond flour in these brownie bites but you can likely sub oat flour, all purpose or gluten-free flour if you prefer. It is crazy how these brownie bites are both grain-free and vegan. Something that isn’t too common in the dessert world.
When you make these brownies, I do recommend storing them in the fridge or freezing after a couple of days. They stay quite moist thanks to the bananas so you don’t want them to get all soggy on the counter. Or just bake for a few minutes longer, but they won’t be as fudge-like.
WHAT YOU NEED
Butter or vegan butter
Nut butter (anything creamy)
Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Brownie Bites (vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
Yield: 24 brownie bites 1x
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a mini muffin tray with liners or grease well (I recommend liners!)
- In a large bowl mash bananas with fork then add in coconut spread, nut butter, vanilla extract and mix well
- Add in almond flour, cacao powder to wet ingredients and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips then fill each with about 2-3 tablespoons of batter (these don’t rise as much!)
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes and enjoy!
- *Store in airtight container for about 2 days on counter or fridge for 5 days or freeze for longer
- Category: vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar
- Cuisine: dessert, brownies
Thank you Earth Balance for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!