Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars made with all gluten-free ingredients, no refined sugar and they have the best cookie dough bottom layer, cheesecake center and on top crumbled cookie dough!
I owe you guys an actual cheesecake recipe, but until then I have a feeling we’ll be making these cookie dough cheesecake bars over and over again.
When we were away for my birthday, we were playing a game that I am totally blanking on the name of. But you had to put a card on your forehead and then guys what it is based off the clues people were telling you.
Jord had “cheesecake” and couldn’t guess what it was.
We aren’t the biggest cheesecake family over here. We all like it and definitely enjoy it when we eat it, but isn’t something we order or have often. I think if it for holidays and such, but ever since playing that game it has been on my mind!
And a few days later these grain-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars were born. A healthier twist on cheesecake with a chocolate chip cookie base.
If you love cookie dough, you will love this recipe. I also love that you can easily make these dairy-free by using vegan cream cheese too. I used a traditional one that I found at my local organic store but it’ll work well with a dairy-free one too!
This recipe itself is not labor intensive but it does require more patience than most of my recipes. You bake it then let it cool for a bit in the fridge before slicing and enjoying. It is the type of recipe you will 100% want to make for any gatherings or BBQs, holidays, anything!
What you need to make these cookie cheesecake bars:
- Almond flour – I haven’t tested a sub here. This blog post on almond flour is helpful though!
- Coconut sugar – You can also use cane sugar. I don’t recommend a liquid sweetener
- Eggs – you will need 1 egg OR flax egg for cookie dough layer then 1 egg for cheesecake layer (I haven’t tested flax for that!)
- Creamy nut butter – any works! Nut butter, tahini, anything! I used almond so it was mild flavored
- Cream cheese – regular or dairy-free works for this
- Dark chocolate – I used these! Code RACHL for free shipping.
If you enjoy these, you will love my Healthy Gluten-free Cheesecake Brownies (grain-free) too!Print
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars made with all gluten-free ingredients, no refined sugar and they have the best cookie dough bottom layer, cheesecake center and on top crumbled cookie dough! Also dairy free-friendly.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
Cookie dough layer:
- 1 flax egg or 1 egg (1 tablespoon ground Flax + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (I love using almond and cashew)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used these – code RACHL for free shipping)
- 8 ounces cream cheese or you can use non-dairy
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
Cookie dough layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 or 9×9 dish with parchment paper and grease well
- Cream together the egg, nut butter, and sugar until smooth
- Mix in the almond flour and baking powder until smooth and fully combined
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips then add about 3/4 of the cookie dough to the pan and press down to form the crust
- In a medium bowl, creamy together the egg, cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add on top of the cookie dough then crumble remaining dough on top
- Add to oven to bake for 40-45 minutes (or until golden!) This recipe will be darker than other cheesecakes because of the coconut sugar
- Allow the cheesecake bars to cool for a few then set in fridge for about 90 minutes to set
- Slice and enjoy!
*I haven’t tested any subs
**Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months