Say hello to the new pancake recipe around!
Or shall I say, say hello to the new way of eating pancakes around here. These Gluten-free Pancake Roll Ups are absolutely insane. They get extra crispy on the outside and have this dreamy cake-like consistency on the inside.
I am all about that pancake life as you guys know and these pancake roll ups are one of my latest favorite ways to enjoy my hot cake obsession. They remind me of a crepe in many ways but still have that thicker and more pancake-like feel to them. You can mix in anything you want to the batter like dark chocolate chips, blueberries, anything! And once they are cooked, I love smearing some nut butter and filling the cake with some fruit too.
The absolute must-have for this recipe though is Simple Mills Pancake + Waffle Mix. You guys know my obsession with Simple Mills-anything and their pancake mix is unreal. It is made with all grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients and the base of the mix is almond flour. I love how they use all ingredients that would go into homemade pancakes too, and they make it 10x easier to whip up a stack when you are craving some!
A few of my other go-to Simple Mills products are the pizza mix (hello homemade paleo bagels), vanilla or chocolate cake mix and the soft-bake cookies! You cannot go wrong with anything, but don’t forget the crackers too. I pretty much live off of these bad boys when I am feeding Ezra and need quick fuel.
If you have any more boxes of their pancake mix, I love making these Gluten-free Blueberry Pancake Scones too!Print
Gluten-free Pancake Roll Ups (grain-free)
Gluten-free Pancake Roll Ups made with Simple Mills Pancake + Waffle Mix for an easy and delicious breakfast recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 large pancake roll ups 1x
- 1 box Simple Mills Pancake + Waffle Mix (you need this mix to make the recipe!)
- 3/4 cup water or nut milk (I prefer milk for creaminess)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil or avocado oil
- 3 pasture-raised eggs (or 3 flax eggs)
- Grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil for greasing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and water
- Mix in the pancake mix well
- In a small skillet warm a little butter, ghee or coconut oil over medium heat
- Pour desired amount of batter to the pan to create one large pancake and sprinkle any desired toppings or mix-in’s like chocolate chips, blueberries, raisins, anything!
- Cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat then flip and cook for another few minutes or until ready
- Remove from skillet and add some nut butter, fruit or desired fill-in’s to the center of the pancake and roll up and enjoy
- Repeat for the remaining batter
*These stay well in the fridge for 5 days or you can freeze them without the fill-in’s for 2 months
Thank you Simple Mills for for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in.