Quesadillas are usually an indulgent, cheesy and not-so-healthy food item.
But not today friends! That ship has sailed and now we are making healthier quesadillas that are dairy-free, gluten-free and even plant-based!
These Sweet Potato + Greens Quesadillas are one of my favorite quick and easy lunches or snacks to make when I am craving something comforting, simple and satisfying.
I love switching up the ingredients I use in the quesadilla but recently my favorite one consists of almond milk cheese, sweet potatoes, caramelized onions and GREENS! I also add some roasted chicken or ground turkey in there too when I have it on hand. It definitely makes it a bit more filling, but if you omit protein, it will still taste so delicious!
I used Organic Girl’s Baby Spinach to add some leafy greens in the mix. Their baby spinach is one of my favorite greens they sell. I love how versatile they are and I can use them in smoothies, omelettes, for salads and pretty much anything you want. We always have it on hand so we can make sure to add that extra boost to our food, ya know?!
I get these quesadillas extra crispy by crisping them in my cast iron skillet with some avocado oil. I love using these tortillas because they don’t fall a part and they are grain-free, vegan and taste amazing.
Let me know if you make these! And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you do!
WHAT YOU NEED
Roasted sweet potato
Dairy-Free cheese of choice
Sweet Potato + Greens Quesadilla (vegan)
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten-free, paleo
- Cuisine: lunch, dinner, quesadilla
- 1 cup Organic Girl Baby Spinach
- 1 small roasted sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons almond milk cream cheese (or dairy free cheese of choice)
- 2 tortillas of choice
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Heat a large skillet with avocado oil and turn to medium heat
- Spread sweet potato on one side of the tortilla then add spinach on top
- Spread almond milk cream cheese on the other side
- Add one side to the skillet followed by the other side and press down with a spatula
- Heat on medium heat for about 3 minutes then flip and heat for another 3 minutes
- Remove from skillet, slice and enjoy!
- *You can also add protein to this if you’d like, it tastes delicious with grass-fed steak, chicken or wild salmon!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I truly love and believe in!