Sharing these Whole30 Hasselback Potatoes with Garlicky Basil Pesto. One of my favorite vegan and Whole30-approved recipes to make!
I am pretty sure this is one of my favorite savory recipes to date on the blog.
These mini Hasselback Potatoes are not only so tasty and flavorful, they also are just gorgeous. Call me crazy for thinking food is gorgeous but when I first made these, I couldn’t get over how they looked coming out of the oven!
Perfectly buttery (yet I didn’t use butter) and flavorful and paired with a garlic basil pesto, they are too die for.
As someone who used to hate potatoes, I’m certainly making up for lost time over here. Between Sweet Potato Falafels, Crispy Sweet Potato Fries, Thick-cut Baked Fries and more. We have been making a ton of potato recipes in the kitchen. And by we, I mean myself and the little bub in my belly!
This recipe for Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic Pesto is the most dreamy side for the winter. And for any of my friends doing a Whole30 or just wanting to add a bit more veggies into their life.
Potatoes dipped in pesto is the most underrated combo.
The pesto is also vegan, so no cheese is involved. I use pine nuts, basil, garlic, avocado oil and Organic Girl Baby Spinach to whip this up. It takes all of 5 minutes to make the pesto and I made it extra thin so it can easily be drizzled on top of the potatoes.
Also do not be intimidated to make these Hasselback beauties. They are easiest to cut with a “saw” type knife. Clearly have no idea the right term there but with my limited knife skills, if I can do it I promise you can too!
If you’re looking for some more healthy eats using Organic Girl Greens, here are a few of my other favorite recipes from the blog: Healthy Baked Vegan Mac & Cheese, Avocado Greens Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato Croutons and 10-minute Crispy Green Falafels.Print
Whole30 Hasselback Potatoes with Garlicky Basil Pesto
Sharing these Whole30 Hasselback Potatoes with Garlicky Basil Pesto. One of my favorite vegan and Whole30 approved recipes to make!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 mini potatoes 1x
- 10 small organic russet potatoes (or any potato of choice)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Garlicky Basil Pesto:
- 3 cups Organic Girl Baby Spinach
- 1 cup organic basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash and scrub each potato well with cleaner and a brush
- Gently slice each potato into about 10 smaller slices but do not cut all the way (I sliced about 3/4 the way down)
- Add the potatoes to a baking sheet and coat them with 2 tablespoons avocado oil, black pepper and salt (sprinkle evenly across potatoes)
- Add to oven and bake for 25 minutes then remove, drizzle more avocado oil and bake again for 20 minutes
- While the potatoes bake, add the pesto ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined (if too thick, add more water and feel free to season more to your liking!)
- Remove potatoes from oven and enjoy with pesto and desired protein. I love serving these with grass-fed steak!
*Store leftover potatoes in fridge for 5 days
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in on the blog!