I never enjoyed sweet potato fries until a friend made them for me and they were SO garlicky and crispy and all of a sudden I was hooked. I can finally say that I am on the sweet potato fries train. Well, as long as they are seasoned and nice and crispy right out of the oven (high maintenance much?)
But these Simple + Crispy Garlic Sweet Potato Fries I am sharing with you guys today are totally on my weekly line up and Jord loves them too. Plus they are so easy to make, it almost makes you question why you even would order some out to dinner when you can make them like this.
I use some garlic, black pepper and oregano to season them to perfection and an extra step in the cooking process to make them extra crispy and delish.
First we add them to the cast iron skillet and pan fry them over the stove for a few minutes. That way they get some extra crispiness on the outside before baking in the oven. You can also crisp them again after you bake them in the oven if you have extra time and want them even crispier!
We pair these sweet potato fries with Sir Kensington’s Ketchup. Our go-to ketchup in our home! The launched a squeezable bottle earlier this year making it 10x easier to get the ketchup out of the bottle when you are feasting on these fries. We love the classic ketchup and it is made of simple ingredients like crushed tomatoes, raw sugar and a tangy blend of vinegar and spices. Sir Kensington’s also has a spicy jalapeño ketchup that would be amazing with these too!
We use a variety of Sir Kensington’s products in the kitchen as I am sure you see on the blog. Here are a variety of recipes using some of their other product lines.
WHAT YOU NEED
Sweet potatoes (any variety!)Print
Simple + Crispy Garlic Sweet Potato Fries (gluten-free, vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free
- Cuisine: side, vegetables, fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes (any variety works!)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil + more for pan
- Sir Kensington’s Ketchup
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and the lengthwise
- In a large bowl add cut potatoes, garlic, spices and avocado oil and toss well
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a cast iron skillet (or large pan) turn to medium/high heat and add a generous drizzle of avocado oil
- Add coated potatoes on top (you may need to do two batches depending on how large the pan is)
- “Fry” the sweet potatoes for about 3 minutes so they get a nice crunch coating then pour onto baking tray
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then broil for 2 minutes on high
Thank you Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!