The Best Vegan Creamy Tahini Caesar Salad made with an easy 5-ingredient caesar dressing and tossed with delicious gluten-free breadcrumbs!
I never thought I would be so excited to eat kale before.
..But really. I am not one of those people who crave kale or any greens for that matter. Sure after a long trip away or if I am eating out a lot, I will crave extra veggies and greens but it isn’t a usual occurrence. Except now, I have a feeling I will be craving kale on the regular thanks to this salad.
The Best Vegan Creamy Tahini Caesar Salad is at your fingertips.
I have been making this for the past few weeks ever since I first tested it back in August. It takes all of 5 minutes to make (but really) and I find it to be one of those salads that tastes even better leftover. I usually find salads soggy a day later but the dressing really soaks into the kale here and it tastes so good in my opinion.
This salad is super versatile and you can add any protein you are craving on top or enjoy as is too. I love adding some paleo chicken tenders or lamb burgers on top to round out the meal a bit. Or for any of my vegheads, a veggie burger would be awesome too.
So this healthy creamy tahini caesar dressing..
This dressing is ready in just 5 minutes if that. It is made with 5 ingredients and they are all vegan, nut-free and paleo. Most vegan caesar salads have a nut base and while I am all about cooking and baking with nuts, using tahini is such a great way to switch things up. The dijon addition to the dressing is also insane and adds a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to the dressing and great flavor.
The tahini dressing will also stay well in the fridge for a week or so, so don’t worry if you don’t use it all up with the greens. You can save some for another salad or dip some chips and crackers into it.
This recipe is a great one to food prep earlier in the week. Bring it for lunch, make it for dinner, serve it at a BBQ – anything!
I hope you guys love it as much as I do. I cannot wait to hear what you think!
The Best Vegan Creamy Tahini Caesar Salad
The Best Vegan Creamy Tahini Caesar Salad made with an easy 5-ingredient caesar dressing and tossed with delicious gluten-free breadcrumbs! Paleo, nut-free and easy to prep.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
Yield: Serves 2-3 1x
- 1 large head of kale/1 large bag of tuscan kale, washed and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil (or sub olive oil)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (I crushed up these crackers!)
- Other mix-in ideas: hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts
Creamy tahini dressing:
- 1/2 cup creamy tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup water (plus more if needed)
- In a food processor or blender, add the tahini dressing ingredients and pulse well until creamy (took about 1 minute for me and if too thick – add more water)
- In a large bowl, add the kale and massage with oil and lemon for a couple minutes to cut the bitterness (I used my hands)
- Toss the kale in desired amount of dressing then mix in any mix-in’s you are craving
- Top with protein desired or enjoy as is (I love adding these paleo chicken tenders!)
*Store leftover salad in fridge for 2-3 days
**Store leftover dressing in fridge for up to 1 week