The Dreamiest Vegan Banana Bread Crumb Cake made with all gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free ingredients for an easy and healthy crumb cake twist!
Friends, hi! Welcome to September everybody. I hope we all had a great Labor Day Weekend wherever you are!
Mind boggling to me that it is already September. These months are flying by. Ezra is growing like crazy and I’m over here trying to catch my breath and get ready for the busiest month of the year for us. Between travel, Jord’s birthday, Jewish holidays, anniversaries and a few other family birthdays – September is insanity.
But not to worry! I still have you covered in the recipe department. In fact this Banana Bread Crumb Cake is one of my absolute favorite recipes to date. Likely because it was a complete mistake and I didn’t think it was going to turn out edible whatsoever. The crumb topping looked weird when I baked it. I didn’t even pay attention to the ratios or bake time then once I slice it and ate some a couple hours later, I was shocked. And also hated myself for a quick minute because I didn’t write anything down. This led me to remaking it again (no complaints) and actually paying attention this time.
The best healthy banana bread crumb cake is waiting for you..
I use all vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free ingredients in this recipe. I promise it still tastes delicious and so flavorful. It is also refined sugar free so you won’t be in a sugar coma after like the traditional crumb cake. Not like there is anything wrong with that but if you want to eat cake everyday like I do, ya gotta find the healthier options ya know?!
I use two of my beloved Garden of Life products here: organic flaxseed and organic extra virgin coconut oil. If you don’t have these in stock yet for baking and cooking – you are missing out friends. They are staples over here and a must have for majority of my baking recipes!
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do. It is truly a delicious breakfast, snack, dessert, anything you want it to be.
The Dreamiest Vegan Banana Bread Crumb Cake
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Flaxseed + 8 tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup creamy tahini (or any nut + seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups gluten-free oat flour (or sub 2 cups almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread pan with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, make the flax eggs and set in fridge to form
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, flax eggs, tahini, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well so there are no clumps (you can fold in nuts here too if you want!)
- In a medium bowl, mix together crumb ingredients until fully combined
- Add the bread batter to the pan and evenly spread the crumb topping on top
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until ready
*Store in fridge for 5 days or freeze for a couple months
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in!