Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars made with gluten-free and grain-free ingredients for an easy and healthy cookie bar recipe!
True life this recipe was fully intended to be a blueberry lemon crumb cake pie bar. But after recipe testing for a couple hours and using up way too many ingredients, I hit the pause button on that idea and went with some cookie dough bars instead.
And to be honest, I’d rather eat cookie dough bars anytime over some pie bars.. just sayin’ 😉
You’d never guess these cookie dough bars are actually healthy…
These Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars melt in your mouth and pretty much taste like you’re eating raw cookie dough in the center. Except they have a crunchy cookie crust that is absolutely delicious and each bite has a mix of tarty blueberries and melted chocolate – too GOOD.
I love that these cookie dough bars only dirty up one bowl in the kitchen and they’re ready in just 20 minutes. There are no frills here friends, just some basic baking ingredients and combination of both blueberries and chocolate because it is the most underrated flavor combo in my opinion. I love the subtle tartiness the blueberries add and that melted chocolate sweetness with them.
I also use two of my baking staples in these bars: organic flaxseeds to make the flax egg and organic coconut oil. Both from Garden of Life. I love using their flaxseed in particular because it is already in ground up form, making it 10x easier to make the flax egg. If you use whole flaxseeds, it doesn’t work as well so ground up flaxseed from GOL has been my jam. Plus the coconut oil but I’ll let that speak for itself. It’s the best dayum coconut oil in the game.
If you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I (think) you will, definitely try these other ones using Garden of Life from the blog: Vegan Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bread, Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars and 8-ingredient Paleo Marble Pound Cake.
Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon Garden of Life Organic Flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup melted Garden of Life Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (let it cool!)
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (cashew or almond work best here)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish with oil and line with parchment paper
- Mix together the egg, oil, nut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy
- Stir in the flours and baking powder and mix again
- Fold in blueberries and dark chocolate
- Add dough to baking dish and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes (if your blueberries are overly watery it, it may need more time!)
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 5 days or freeze for a couple of months
Thank you Garden of Life for partnering with me for this post! I love using your products in my everyday life and endless recipes on the blog.