It has taken me approximately 3 years to perfect a granola recipe with extra large clusters.
Ok ok, it’s not like I test this too often since I just buy granola at the store (aka lazy) but the day is here and we finally have a healthy granola recipe with CLUSTERS. Lots and lots of big mama clusters. In fact when you are done baking this granola, it comes out of the oven in one ginormous cluster and you have to break it apart. That is how cluster-y it is.
I eat granola for the clusters. I pick them out first and then make my way to the crumbs or really just give them to Jord because he doesn’t get as excited as I do over a big a$$ granola cluster (thanks boo).
Homemade granola is something that is so easy to make once you have a good recipe you love. I have made a few granolas here on the blog but none have ever compared to store bought ones (in my opinion). This Healthy Dark Chocolate Granola is made with all vegan and gluten-free ingredients and has a base of gluten-free rolled oats, coconut shreds, pecans and various seeds. I sweeten it with some maple syrup and coconut sugar (so delicious paired together) and I add in some dreamy dark chocolate chunks after it is done baking from Hu Kitchen.
I buy Hu Kitchen chocolate religiously. We are in a very exclusive relationship and the cashew butter flavor is truly the most dreamy when it is melted (as is the hazelnut!). I love using those two in this recipe but anything works. Hu Kitchen makes all paleo and vegan dark chocolate and it is sweetened with coconut sugar. You 100% recognize them from my Instagram and you probably see their chocolates in the store. I love baking with them too.
Have you guys made the Paleo Deep Dish Double Chocolate Brownie, Paleo Brownie Bread or The Best Paleo Chocolate Sheet Cake? Ya as you can see, their chocolate and I are attached at the hip in the kitchen!
Enjoy this granola in your breakfast bowl, with yogurt, on your oats, or just hand to face as I am doing as I write this blog post. It is SO CRUNCHY!
Healthy Dark Chocolate Granola with Clusters
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or any nut)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate (code RACHL for free shipping), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, pecans, flaxseed meal, chia seeds and cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, hot water and vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and mix well to evenly coat
- Add the granola to baking sheet and press down so the ingredients are in one layer, stuck together
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes then rotate tray and bake for another 15 minutes
- Allow the granola to cool for 15 minutes then add in chocolate chunks
- Break the large cluster into smaller pieces and enjoy!
*Store in airtight container for up to a week on counter or a month in the fridge
Thank you Hu Kitchen for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in!