Crunchy Caesar Salad with Brazil Nut Parmesan for a simple and healthy vegan caesar salad!
Brazil Nut Parmesan me every single day, puh-lease. But for realz, you guys are going to go crazy over this.
When I was in LA this summer for a few days, I went to Gracias Madre with a few of my blogging gals. 3 out of 4 of us ordered this spicy kale caesar salad that was on the menu.. Shocker, I know, we all ordered basically the same thing. Basic white chicks at their finest.
But this salad was seriously heavenly. It had this caesar dressing that was so flavorful and a nut-based cheese. It was all mixed into crunchy romaine lettuce with avocado. Completely fatty goodness on a plate. In fact, it was so good that I went back the next night and ordered it again (true story). I stared at the menu for a solid 20 minutes as my parent’s patiently waited for me to decide. And of course in the end I order exactly what I got the last time.
Does anyone else do this? Whenever I go to a restaurant and love the meal I have such a hard time ordering something new the next time. It’s like I am afraid it won’t meet my expectations from the last time. Anyways, since I had this salad in August, I have not stopped thinking about it. The nutty-plant based cheese, bomb caesar dressing was too die for, MMM so good. I usually don’t like many all vegan meals, but this one made a place in my heart (and stomach).
After a handful of attempts to recreate the salad, it finally has been perfected. The homemade nut cheese, caesar dressing, everything. I was so excited to bring a taste of Gracias Madre home to Jord too and now I can whip this up in minutes anytime I am craving.
I use my go-to greens of course as the base. Organic Girl romaine heart leaves is seriously unlike any other. When my grocery store runs out, I border-line have a panic attack. It is so crunchy, so fresh and 100% organic. All of their greens are staples in my recipes here.
I head back to LA in a few weeks for Expo West and already have a reservation at Gracias Madre for the weekend I am there. I won’t even need a menu when I sit down. Tequila on the rocks with lime, chips and guac and kale caesar for me.
You babes are going to LOVE this recipe. I am going to try it with some grilled chicken next time I make it for a little extra protein too… NOM
YOU WILL NEED
Organic Girl romaine heart leaves
- The caesar dressing stays good for about 5-7 days in the fridge but I do not recommend adding to your greens until day of or right before eating (salad will get soggy)
- Cashews work best for this dressing, same for the brazil nut parm so I do not recommend subbing another nut. If you do and it works, definitely let me know 🙂
- Feel free to get creative with toppings and add chicken, veggies, etc. Or some homemade croutons, YUM!
Crunchy Caesar Salad with Brazil Nut Parmesan (vegan)
Brazil Nut Parmesan
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup soaked cashews (overnight in warm water or soaked in boiling hot water 10 min)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 container of Organic Kale Romaine
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- Begin making the brazil nut "parm" first by placing ingredients in food processor and pulse until crumbled consistency
- Remove from food processor and set aside
- Next begin making dressing by combining ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy (if too thick, add more water)
- Chop romaine and begin making salads by adding romaine, brazil nut parm, avocado and hemp seeds
- Add desired amount of dressing and toss!
- *You will likely have left over dressing and it will stay in fridge for 5-7 days
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!