I don’t think I could be more obsessed with a recipe than I am with this Paleo Dark Chocolate BROWNIE BREAD.
I made this for the first time on a Saturday morning when it was rainy and miz outside. Jord was catching up on things around then house and naturally whenever it’s raining and weather stinks, I like to get lost in the kitchen a bit. And the result this time? This epic brownie bread!
So what exactly is brownie bread? I like to think of this recipe as a mix between devil’s food cake, fudgey brownies and set in a banana bread-like loaf. It is oozing with dark chocolate thanks to Hu Kitchen and has almost a lava cake type of vibe when you warm it up and the dark chocolate on top melts again.
This brownie bread is paleo AND vegan, which is the most highly requested type of recipe on the blog. It is super easy to make and I use almond flour for extra fats and protein as the base. Baking vegan recipes with almond flour is much easier than using coconut flour in my opinion (more on coconut flour here).
Let’s chat a bit about Hu Kitchen, shall we? You guys know from my Instagram how much I am obsessed with the brand. Their dark chocolate bars are paleo, vegan, soy-free and refined sugar-free and their restaurant in Union Square is all paleo food AND it is organic. You can find me eating there pretttttty much 4x a week. It is slightly embarrassing how much I am there eating or stocking up on goods. One of my favorite parts about going there though is meeting some of you. Every single time I’m there, I run into a reader and it makes me the happiest! I love seeing you guys in my favorite places.
I recommend using two Hu Dark Chocolate Bars in this recipe for the perfect chocolatey consistency and flavor, but if you only have one that is totally fine too.
I cannot wait to hear what you think of this loaf. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when you bake it.
BTW when you are done with this bread, how about that Homemade Chocolate Sheet Cake with Hu Kitchen chocolate?!
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) or 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Hu Kitchen Salt Dark Chocolate Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan well
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, flax egg, milk and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add in the coconut sugar, almond flour, cacao powder and baking powder until evenly combined
- Fold in half of the dark chocolate and mix well
- Add batter to loaf pan then bake in oven for 20 minutes then sprinkle rest of chocolate on top, sprinkle with chocolate and bake for another 45-55 minutes (or until cooked through!)
- Allow the loaf to cool for about 10 minutes then slice and enjoy
Store leftovers on counter in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for a couple of months
Thank you Hu Kitchen for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in!