Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies made with all vegan and gluten free-friendly ingredients. Plus no refined sugars!
These cookies. Oh my gosh. I melt over these cookies you guys.
I have been sharing a handful of cookie recipes on the blog this year. They are forever my favorite kind of dessert (hello cookie party over here) and there are endless cookie combinations. Plus these recipes are all a bit healthier. I never want anyone to feel guilt to eat some cookies – ENJOY them!
Healthy peanut butter cookies dipped in CHOCOLATE – yes please!
Today we are baking cookies using sprouted spelt flour. In case you are wondering what the even means or what spelt is, spelt is a pure non-hybridized and nutritious ancient grain. This one is grown without chemicals or any animal-based fertilizers. It is sprouted to help maximize nutrition, make it easier to digested and maximize the flavor. You can also use an oat flour if you prefer.
These Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies are the ultimate plant-based cookie recipe for any occasion. All you need are a few simple ingredients and you will have some epic cookies to dip in your almond milk later. When you are finished enjoying these, here are a few of my other favorite cookie recipes.
What ingredients you will need..
Creamy peanut butter
Almond milk (or any milk)
Chocolate (code RACHL for free shipping)Print
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies (vegan)
The dreamiest Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies made with all vegan ingredients and no refined sugar.
- Yield: About 15 cookies 1x
- Category: vegan, dairy-free
- Cuisine: cookies, dessert
- 1 cup spelt flour (or sub oat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (the more oil-y the better)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate dip:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray
- In a medium bowl, mix together creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract (I used hand mixer but you can use whisk too)
- Once mixed well, add spelt flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well (it should be very doughy!)
- Roll the dough into small ball-sized pieces using about 1-2 tablespoons of dough each
- Flatten with a fork to get that crisscross effect and to flatten the cookies to bake
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes and let them cool for a bit
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in sauce pan over heat and dip each cookie in the melted chocolate, you can sprinkle some crushed nuts on top too!
- Place back onto baking tray and let the chocolate set for about 30 minutes
- Enjoy! *These will stay good for 5-7 days or you can freeze for longer