It is likely that I will only be eating cheesecake made out of this pretzel crust moving forward.
You guys, these cheesecake bites are SO GOOD. They’re the best mix of salty and sweet and don’t be fooled, they don’t have any cheese in them 😉 I personally am not a huge fan of your standard cheesecake so making a dairy-free cheesecake center is a dream. I don’t know why but the thought of eating ordinary cheesecake has always kind of made me squirm.
But this crust though. That is the real star of the show because the cheesecake crust is made out of PRETZELS! Yup like the ones you snack on or dip in mustard. Or if you are my mom or myself, combine with potato chips and eat them together for the best salty snack imaginable.
I used Glutino’s Pretzel Sticks in this recipe, making the crust entirely gluten-free and made with TWO ingredients: pretzels + butter or coconut oil (you pick!). I use Glutino in a few recipes on the blog and love how diverse they are. You can eat their crackers, cookies, etc. right out of the box or mix them up in recipes like these.
WHAT YOU NEED
Butter or coconut oil
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cheesecake Bites (gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 20-24 bites 1x
- Category: grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-sugar
- Cuisine: dessert, snacks
- Pretzel crust:
- 2 cups Glutino Pretzel sticks
- 1 stick of butter or coconut oil (melted)
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 1.5 cups soaked cashews (I soak in warm water overnight but at least 3 hours works then strain)
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup pretzel sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a mini muffin tray with liners
- In a food processor add pretzels and pulse until broken into pieces (almost flour-like)
- Add to a bowl with melted butter and mix to combine (if too liquidy make more pretzel flour)
- Fill each muffin tin about 1/4 way (about 1 teaspoon each)
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until just golden on top on each crust
- While the pretzel crusts bake, begin making the cheesecake
- Add cashews, coconut oil, cacao powder, peanut butter, almond milk, water and vanilla to food processor and blend until creamy and well combined
- When you take the pretzel crusts out of the oven, press down each crust to flatten it as it will rise a bit in oven (I used the top to my Swell Bottle! get crafty)
- Top each crust with the cheesecake filling, add toppings and pop in freezer for about 30 minutes or until the cheesecakes set
- *Will keep in fridge for about a week or freezer for a couple of months!
Thank you Glutino Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!