Copycat Paleo Girl Scout Samoa Cookies made with just 6 healthy ingredients and ready in 10 minutes. Such a delicious and easy gluten-free and nut-free DIY Girl Scout Cookie to bake at home!
And today we are making these new Samoa Cookies! They are a healthier way to enjoy a classic cookie we grew up with but made a bit healthier for us.
These Samoa Cookies are paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and sweetened with manuka honey.
I am all about eating cookies hot out of the oven with the chocolate all melted and perfect. But for these, I prefer them out of the freezer and with a little crunch, ya know? I find that is how I prefer most of my copycat girl scout cookies too.
These cookies are also a great Passover-friendly recipe if anyone is planning what they’ll be making in a few weeks. They are kinda like a macaroon meets Samoa too.
Let’s run through the ingredients needed for these homemade Girl Scout Samoa Cookies
- Pasture-raised egg – I haven’t tested flax egg here. I don’t think it would work though but if you try please do let us know!
- Coconut sugar – adds a little grainy sweetness
- Honey or maple syrup – either of these liquid sweeteners work
- Shredded coconut – NOT the thicker flakes. The shredded coconut pieces work best here
- Hu Chocolate Gems – needed for the chocolate coating on the bottom plus for drizzling on top. The best baking and snacking chocolate ever. Plus there is no refined sugar or any junk in them! Free shipping with code RACHL
A few of my other favorite recipes using Hu Chocolate: The BEST Doughy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (paleo + vegan) + One Giant Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookie (gluten-free)
A few of my other healthy homemade girl scout cookies: Healthy Copycat Thin Mint Cookies (paleo) + Paleo Homemade Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies
Copycat Paleo Girl Scout Samoa Cookies
Copycat Paleo Girl Scout Samoa Cookies made with just 6 healthy ingredients and ready in 10 minutes. Such a delicious and easy DIY Girl Scout Cookie to bake at home!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
Yield: 10 cookies 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, oil, sugar and honey
- Mix in the coconut shreds well then begin scooping about 2 spoonfuls into your hand to form the cookies and place on baking sheet (these won’t expand much)
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool for a few
- Melt the chocolate then gently dip the bottom of each cookie in chocolate and place bake onto baking sheet, drizzle extra on top and place in freezer to set in for a few minutes or allow the cookies to set at room temperature
*I haven’t tested flax egg
**Store leftovers in airtight container for 5 days in fridge or freezer for longer
Thank you Hu Kitchen for partnering with me for this delicious recipe!