On a very serious chocolate binge right now. JK, I am apparently always on a chocolate binge over here.
There isn’t a day that I don’t eat some form of dark chocolate and it is my life’s mission to make every dessert possible made with real and simple ingredients that allow us to enjoy desserts that aren’t filled with yucky chemicals or tons of refined sugar. Since I started to watch my sugar intake, it is so important to me to really be aware of the random places sugar is hidden and also recognize how unnecessary it really is to include as much as we do in recipes.
These Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownie Cupcakes only require 1/4 cup of coconut sugar in the WHOLE recipe. All the brownies combined! I personally love coconut sugar because it is low glycemic and doesn’t spike my blood sugar like cane sugar doesn’t. But as I practice, “everything in moderation”.
What I also love about these brownies is that they are vegan and grain-free. They are made with a handful of ingredients from my good friend Bob. JK, I don’t actually know THE Bob of Bob’s Red Mill, but a girl can dream.
Today I am featuring Bob’s Red Mill’s Flaxseed Meal, which is also what we used in those Breakfast-y Chocolate Zucchini Cookies. Flaxseed Meal makes a great egg substitute if you mix it with water and also adds nutrients to your recipe. It is so easy to work with and I also add it to my smoothies, oatmeal, anything!
These brownies are SO fudge-y, rich and they are made with such easy ingredients you are going to love!
WHAT YOU NEED
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownie Cupcakes (vegan + paleo)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: vegan, paleo, gluten-free
- Cuisine: dessert, brownies
- 1 and 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 6 tablespoons water (for flax egg)
- 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside
- Combine flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons water and mix well, then put in fridge for 15 minute to form the “egg”
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder and baking powder
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate and vanilla extract
- Pour the eggs, chocolate mixture and hot water into the dry ingredients and mix well
- Fill each cupcake tin about 2/3 way full and sprinkle with sea salt and cacao nibs
- Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!