Sharing this super easy Whole30 Chinese Chicken and Broccoli that has quickly become our favorite meal. One skillet, less than 20 minutes and such a delicious and healthy meal.
If I can promise you guys one thing this year, it is that you are getting a TON of easy weeknight dinner recipes.
I am exhausted by the end of the day. Between working full-time and then taking care of Ez in between, I am all about quick and easy meals for the entire family. And this Whole30 Chicken is the ultimate easy recipe that can either feed the family. Or you can make it earlier in the week for a little food prep action (it makes for great leftovers).
What I love about this Chinese Chicken and Broccoli is that it is gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free and just so happens to be Whole30 too.
Plus you only dirty up one skillet when you are making it. You won’t have several pots and pants to clean or any of that nonsense.
This is one of the entrees listed in my MY FAVORITE EASY WHOLE30 RECIPES post, which is one of the most popular blog posts ever. It has over 35 recipes to enjoy for any meal on Whole30. I have breakfasts, entrees, vegan meals, you name it.
This healthier Chicken and Broccoli though is one of my personal favorites to make. Ezra loves it, Jordan loves it and in my onion it even tastes better leftover. Kind of like takeout Chinese food, ya know?!
Let’s run through the ingredients needed for Whole30 Chinese Chicken and Broccoli:
- Boneless chicken breasts, thighs or tenders (I usually use breasts)
- Coconut aminos
- Arrowroot powder
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Broccoli (I use frozen organic broccoli and quickly warm in microwave before)
- Seasonings: ginger, garlic, sea salt and pepper
If you are craving more healthy and easy recipes, I share a ton in my cookbook Just the Good Stuff! Available for preorder now, YAY!Print
Easy Whole30 Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
Better than takeout Whole30 Chinese Chicken and Broccoli. Ready in less than 20 minutes and you’ll only dirty one skillet! A quick meal that also makes the best leftovers.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (organic/quality meat recommended)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup bone broth or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
Rest of the dish:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons sesame oil
- About 6 cups organic broccoli florets (I used frozen broccoli and microwaved it first to save time!)
- Thinly slice the chicken and season with ingredients and set aside
- Mix together stir fry sauce and set aside
- Heat skillet with the sesame oil and add the garlic and warm for about 2-3 minutes over medium heat
- Add the chicken and cook until they are just golden and slightly undercooked
- Add in the broccoli and pour sauce on top and mix well to evenly combine
- Cook for a couple of minutes then remove from heat and serve while warm
- Optional: put it over a bed of cooked rice or cauliflower rice if desired
*This recipe is GREAT leftover! Bring some for work the next day