Sharing my Simply Epic Homemade Flaxseed Bread made with flaxseeds, sprouted oats, chia seeds and other healthy and nutritious ingredients for an easy homemade bread ready in less than 30 minutes!
Some people have a thing with floors, I have a thing for BREADS.
Homemade, healthy and straight up delicious breads. As you guys see on the blog and Instagram, I have shared many loaves in my blogging life. From numerous banana breads, carrot cake bread, sweet potato bread, apple bread and don’t forget about that collagen bread.
Today we are sharing my latest favorite bread that is a bit more savory or neutral-flavored than my usual suspects around here, my Homemade Flaxseed Bread.
I love that it is ready in just 30 minutes, with little mess to clean up. Plus it is packed with nutrients from the various seeds, pasture-raised eggs and oats that we add to it. It is the type of bread you can add some almond butter and banana on top of. Or some avocado and eggs. It can really go with anything! I don’t recommend this as a sliced sandwich bread but more of a toast vehicle or to pair with your favorite soup or salad.
The base of this homemade flaxseed bread is Garden of Life Organic Ground Flaxseed. I didn’t start using ground flaxseeds until a few years ago and now I am obsessed. I love that you can make a flax egg with it (3 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon ground flax) and the added nutritional value that it adds. Healthy omega-3’s, fiber, protein.. it’s amazing! Plus I use some Garden of Life Organic Chia Seeds in this loaf too for a little crunch.
You guys know Garden of Life products are a staple in our home. We use their vitamins, probiotics (these are my fav ones – no refrigeration needed) and a variety of their food items like protein powders, flaxseeds, chia and more. I have a variety of recipes with their goodies here on the blog.
Word on the street is that there are some exciting new products launching soon, so keep an eye out for those. I cannot wait to share with you! Plus we have a few events in the works so if you have any city requests for us to come to, let us know!
A few FAQ about flaxseeds:
- Why do are flaxseeds “healthy”? They are little power seeds! They have fiber, fat, protein and are very nutritious to add to anything.
- What do you put flaxseeds on? Everything!! I bake with them, sprinkle them on yogurt, mix them in Ezra’s for, anything! I also use them to make flax eggs instead of pasture-raised eggs to make a recipe vegan by combining 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons water for “1 egg”.
- What do you put on this flaxseed bread? I love spreading some creamy nut butter on top (code RACHL for free shipping)! Or some mashed avocado, tuna salad, anything!
Simply Epic Homemade Flaxseed Bread
Simply Epic Homemade Flaxseed Bread made with flaxseeds, sprouted oats, chia seeds and other healthy and nutritious ingredients for an easy homemade bread ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 10-12 slices 1x
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan well or add parchment paper
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in another bowl then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and mix well
- Pour into loaf pan then sprinkle with additional oats or seeds if desired (just makes it look pretty!)
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until ready (stick a tooth pick in!)
*Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for longer!
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!