Your third savory meal recipe of the week is HERE and these Sweet Potato Chickpea Cakes are going to be your absolute favorite.
They are so simple and easy to make. And they’re AMAZING to add to pretty much any dish, but today we are adding them to our buddha bowls.
I am pretty sure I eat every meal out of a bowl even when it is something random like tacos. There is something about eating out of a bowl that is so comforting to me. Kind of like how I use the smaller sized silverware too for forks and spoons. I am so weird, I know..
But these Sweet Potato Chickpea Cake Buddha Bowls are the ultimate dish for next week’s meal prep (just sayin’). The cakes are made with just five ingredients – sweet potatoes, chick peas, quinoa, almond flour and Sir Kensington’s Dijonnaise aka the best part.
Sir Kensington’s Dijonnaise is a staple in our kitchen. It is a blend of their classic mayo, dijon and whole grain mustard. Talk about a trifecta.. It is amazing on a sandwich, in tuna salad and now in these sweet potato cakes. It adds a kick of flavor to the cakes that you are going to love.
Sir Kensington’s has a dedicated area in my fridge where I keep all my mayo, mustards and ketchups (BTW they have new squeeze bottles omg). I am also obsessing over their new mayo that is coming out this summer with NO added sugar! YAS please. That is a game changer especially for all the Whole30 peeps out there.
The SK team is pretty much taking over the restaurant scene right now. When I am out to lunch or dinner in NYC I keep noticing their ketchups and mustards all over.
WHAT YOU NEED
- This bowl is perfect for meal prepping. Make a batch of these sweet potato chickpea cakes on Sunday and enjoy them throughout the week in your meals
- You can get creative with the other items in this bowl but I loved the quinoa, kale and avocado mix. It was super satisfying and you hit up all the protein, carbs and healthy fats (heyyooo)
Sweet Potato Chickpea Cake Buddha Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 2-3 bowls 1x
- Category: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian
- Cuisine: dinner, lunch
- Sweet Potato Cakes:
- 1 cups coarsely mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 small potatoes)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 3/4 cup quinoa, cooked per instructions (can likely sub rice)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (have not tested other flours)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Sir Kensington’s Dijonnaise
- 3/4 cup quinoa, cooked per instructions
- 3 cups greens of your choice (I massaged kale and avocado oil)
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and poke a few holes in potatoes using a fork
- Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes (or until soft) You can also microwave if you want to cook them faster
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash the chickpeas with a fork (leaving some chunks)
- Add in sweet potato and mash together, then add in garlic, quinoa, almond flour and Dijonnaise and mix until combined
- Turn the oven down to 375 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease
- Using a tablespoon or hands, form small cakes and place onto tray
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then flip and bake again another 10 minutes
- Assemble bowls by adding quinoa, greens, avocado and sweet potato chickpea cakes
Thank you Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!