Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Waffles made with Oat Flour for a deliciously easy breakfast!
I don’t know what I am more excited for right now. The fact that I finally made successful waffles that were vegan (after 4 different attempts) or the fact that Jord was obsessed with these.
These waffles are so fluffy but cake-y and taste like you are eating a peanut butter cup and an oatmeal cookie at once. Talk about a double whammy. And did I mention they are crispy on the outside?
Plus these Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Waffles are made with oat flour for extra fiber and they are low in sugar. The whole recipe is only 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar, which you could even omit if you preferred (but I like a little sweetness). The dark chocolate chips are my favorite part of the recipe though.
I use Lily’s Sweets dark chocolate chips. You read about my love affair with Lily’s in the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bark and Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Donuts, but basically Lily’s products are amazing. They make stevia-sweetens chocolate that have less sugar in them (and calories but I don’t focus on that..) than your average chocolate chip. Plus they use all non-GMO ingredients, fair trade certified cocoa and they are certified gluten-free.
Lily’s baking bar and chips also melt SO easily. They are my favorite for making a chocolate drizzle or dark chocolate pumpkin cups and Superfood Cups because melting the chocolate is so much easier! You barely need any coconut oil to melt it.
Lily’s baking chips are the perfect addition to these Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Waffles. They help the waffles stay low in sugar and still give us that sweet chocolatey flavor. Since the first batch, Jord has requested these a few times already. We bought a waffle iron when we moved in August and I am pretty much obsessed with it. We use the Cuisinart one and it is super cheap and works amazingly well.
I didn’t even eat maple syrup with these because of how flavorful they are. I added a little coconut milk yogurt to them, but feel free to enjoy them however you prefer.
If you try these crispy, fluffy, cake-y waffles, share with me on social! I love seeing you babes making some of the goods from the blog!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Waffles made with Oat Flour
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: About 10 waffles 1x
- Category: vegan, gluten free
- Cuisine: breakfast, waffles
- 2 cups oat flour (I have not tested other flours)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoons ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons ground chia + 5 tablespoons water (or 2 eggs)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Chips
- Heat waffle iron according to instructions
- Make chia egg by combining ground chia and water and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine all waffle ingredients except chocolate chips and mix until a thick batter is formed
- Fold in dark chocolate chips
- Spoon about 2-3 spoonfuls of batter into the heated waffle maker (more or less depending on size of waffle maker)
- Cook according to your waffle irons instructions, mine was until light turned green
- Enjoy immediately with syrup, peanut butter or your favorite toppings
- *Store in airtight container in fridge for 3 days or freeze for 2 months!
Thank you Lily’s Sweets for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!