You ask for pumpkin and you get yourself some pumpkin friends!
Pancakes have been an absolute hit in our home and over on Instagram these days and I am so excited to be sharing these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with you guys today! They have been my favorite fall breakfast I have been making and they are so simple to make, it is unreal.
These pancakes are pretty much Jord’s biggest nightmare because he cannot stand anything pumpkin-flavored. HA! Stinks to be him during the fall season. More pancakes for us, right?
There is even an extra boost in these pumpkin cakes from ALOHA! I use their Vanilla Protein Powder to add even more of a nutritional boost and amp up the protein in these cakes. I have an obsession with ALOHA products and especially their protein powder. It is so clean, so good and really unlike any other protein I have used. No gross chalky texture/consistency and no aftertaste (at least to me). It is also really easy to add to recipes or to your smoothies.
ALOHA protein comes in a variety of flavors like banana and chocolate as well. Their travel packs are a game changer and are a staple when I travel. Such an easy soy, vegan, coconut sugar-sweetened protein option!
I also have found that these protein pancakes stay well so if you are a pumpkin pancake party of one (like me), you can make the batch and save the rest in the fridge for later! I heat mine up on the skillet over the stove or even in the oven. I have found microwaving them makes them a bit chewy/rubbery but that also can work if it’s the only option.
WHAT YOU NEED
ALOHA Organic Vanilla Protein Powder (code RACHL for 20% off!)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder (code RACHL for 20% off!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (or baking powder if not paleo)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix in's: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease pan of choice (I used a medium pan) with a little coconut oil
- Whisk together pumpkin, eggs and milk in medium/large bowl
- Add almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon and baking soda and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Heat up the pan to medium-high heat and let batter sit for 5 minutes or so (if too liquidy sprinkle some more flour in the bowl and mix)
- Using tablespoon pour batter onto pan (about 2- tablespoons per pancake)
- Flip over once the pancake starts to bubble a little (or about 2-3 minutes)
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or toppings of your choice
Thank you ALOHA for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!