A healthier Seven Layer Mexican Taco Dip made vegan and gluten-free
Every football season, Jord asks me to make the “game day eats” as he likes to call it.
You know..cheese nachos, pizza, wings, all that ISH. Aka most of the things I really do not enjoy eating. Pizza lures me in for sure but I am more of a Sweet Green, chips and guacamole, peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookie kind of gal, ya feel?
Recently Jord was talking about how he was craving his mom’s Seven Layer Dip on football Sunday’s. Since it is usually just two of us on Sunday’s, making a whole taco dip obviously isn’t happening. But with the big game day coming up this weekend, I knew I had to create a little somethin’ somethin’ for us all to eat on Sunday and still fit into our pants the next day..
This Healthy Seven Layer Mexican Taco Dip is the ultimate dip to make for game day weekend. It is also SO easy to make, like too easy. Seriously it will take just minutes to put this dish together and the 7 different flavors in it are on POINT.
Filled with refried beans, plain coconut yogurt (SO good), guacamole and a fresh salsa. I use Garden Fresh Gourmet Restaurant Style in this dip. It is made with tomato, onion, vinegar, green pepper, cilantro, jalapeño and a few other key salsa ingredients. It seriously puts jarred salsa to shame.
Garden Fresh Gourmet started at a restaurant in Michigan and salsa was actually their first of many products. They make hummus, chips and other delicious dips too and pretty much took over. The are America’s #1 refrigerated salsa brand aka we should be bowing down to Garden Fresh. It is still made in small batches in Michigan where they take pride in their food safety. They have state-of-the-art pressure process that enables them to provide cleaner products that we are all looking for.
WHAT YOU NEED:
plain coconut yogurt
Garden Fresh Gourmet Restaurant Style Salsa
- This dip can be made a day in advance, but don’t make the guacamole layer until the day of or it will brown
- If you prefer regular yogurt over coconut yogurt, that works as well
- 1 16 ounce can of refried beans (organic if possible)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used a coconut yogurt)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 container of Garden Fresh Gourmet Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 pepper diced
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (removed from stems)
- Make guacamole by mashing together avocado and juice from lime
- In a medium bowl (I used a shallow bowl) begin assembling the dip by adding a base layer of the beans followed by yogurt, guacamole, salsa, pepper, olives and cilantro
- Enjoy with your favorite chips!
- *You can make this a day ahead and leave in fridge but don't make guacamole layer until day of or it will brown!
Thank you Garden Fresh Gourmet for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!