I crave salmon burgers on the regular. A few times a month I love making different homemade burgers and salmon ones are always my go-to.
Especially these new Paleo Jalapeño Salmon Burgers with the dreamiest garlicky slaw. They are gluten-free, dairy-free and they’re so easy to make. Plus they aren’t too spicy (I have very little spice tolerance) but the jalapeño just adds that little bit of flavor to them.
When I make homemade salmon burgers, I always use canned wild salmon. It is easy to find thanks to Safe Catch and it actually tastes amazing. My whole family is obsessed! Safe Catch is my go-to for both wild salmon and tuna. I trust their products and every single batch is tested for mercury too, making me feel comfortable eating it. You never know with fish these days, so it is so important to me to eat quality fish.
These Paleo Jalapeño Salmon Burgers require minimal prep work but they do need to set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes so they form a bit. Then I bake them in the oven (helps prevent any smelling or yucky odors from cooking fish) until they’re ready. I pair it with a delicious garlicky slaw and they taste amazing together.
I love that these salmon burgers are also packed with greens, giving them that extra boost and serving of veggies (always trying to sneak more in!). I used paleo buns from my favorite Hu Kitchen (got them at the restaurant) but these also taste amazing on an english muffin or any bun you want!
Once you try these Paleo Jalapeño Salmon Burgers out using Safe Catch wild salmon, here are a few of my other favorite recipes using their products: Spicy Salmon Quesadilla, Whole30 Tuna Salad and 4-ingredient Tuna Avocado Cakes.
Don’t forget to share these gems with me on Instagram once you make them! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 3 cans of Safe Catch Wild Salmon
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (I ground these into flour-like pieces - you can sub almond flour too)
- 1 small organic jalapeño, chopped
- 1 cup organic leafy greens (I used spinach and arugula)
- 1/4 cup organic scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayo of choice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage and carrots (I bought this ready shredded!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayo of choice (I used this garlic one)
- 5 buns of choice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- special sauce
- Strain the salmon cans to get all of the liquid out
- Add the salmon to a large bowl followed by the eggs, crushed chips, jalapeño, leafy greens, scallions and mayo and mix well so everything is well combined
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and form the burgers using a 1/3 cup measuring cup then add to tray
- Add the salmon burgers to the fridge to set for about 20 minutes and begin making the slaw by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and mixing well then place in the fridge
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the salmon burgers in the oven for 10-15 minutes (you can flip over half way through or not!)
- Serve burgers with buns, slaw and toppings of choice
Store the salmon burgers and slaw in the fridge for up to 5 days
Thank you Safe Catch for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in here on the blog!