PANCAKESSSSS are here. Yup, more dreamy pancakes for us to enjoy and feast on.
It is funny how much of a pancake kick we have been on recently. And by “we” I mean you and me! I love seeing you guys tagging me in your pancake creations from the blog. It makes me so happy!
These Toasted Coconut and Orange Pancakes are one of the most unique and delicious stacks yet. A fluffy grain-free coconut flour pancake base filled with simple and delicious ingredients. Plus this recipe is low in sugar!
It has an ingredient you’d least expect too, Trop50 juice beverage! It is the perfect way to start the morning because you get delicious taste with 50% less sugar. Trop50 is squeezed from fresh oranges, provides 100% of your vitamin C needs and has no artificial sweeteners! One of my favorite ways to add sweetness to my pancakes without sacrificing flavor at all – which is why I am partnering with Trop50 to share my own #SugarHacks.
We made these for breakfast and had some extra Trop50 on the side and Jord was in heaven.
The toasted coconut flakes on top add such a dreamy crunch and flavor to the stack, I know you guys will love!
WHAT YOU NEED
Toasted Coconut Orange Pancakes (dairy and grain-free)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I don't recommend another flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, whisked together (room temp is best but not mandatory!)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or any milk)
- 2 tablespoons Trop50
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and Trop50 to a large bowl and mix well (if your eggs are cold, the coconut oil may solidify so just keep mixing well!)
- In small bowl, combine coconut flour and baking soda
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well until there are NO clumps! I used a fork. Note you will have more lumps/clumps if your eggs are very cold
- Heat a large skillet to medium/high heat and grease with coconut oil or butter
- Add about 2 heaping spoonfuls per pancake onto the skillet (I fit 3 pancakes at a time)
- Cook for about 4 minutes and then flip (the pancakes will bubble a little when the one side is cooked)
- Flip very gently and repeat until all pancakes are cooked
- In same pan, add the coconut flakes, coconut oil and cinnamon and toast in the pan for about 2 minutes until the flakes turn a little brown
- Top pancakes with toasted coconut and any desired toppings!
Thank you Trop50 for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!