Healthy Buffalo Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers made with grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients plus they are Whole30-friendly!
I haven’t shared a new veggie burger in what feels like forever. But with summertime and everyone on a roll with the grill, it was time.
I see so many people grilling outside and making this delicious trays of grilled veggies and grass-fed burgers and I’m over here inside with no grill and no way to barbecue inside. Am I bitter? Yes 100% and Jord and I are already plotting a way to move into a bigger home with outdoor space. Except I will need to crank out many more banana breads each month on the blog in order to do the around Hoboken 😉
I have just the healthy veggie burger you have been craving…
These Buffalo Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers are an easy and delicious homemade vegetarian burger option that requires no grill but still satisfied my homemade veggie burger craving when I was in the mood to BBQ something delicious.
The burgers are a blend of sweet potato and riced cauliflower and they are made with all grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients. Plus they are whole30-friendly if you drop the bun too. I use a couple of our new favorite dressings and condiments around here from Tessemae’s. Their Buffalo Ranch! Yup, ranch dressing and buffalo sauce combined into one perfectly spiced dressing. It isn’t overly spicing and adds that extra zing without turning your mouth on fire. I also added some of their Mild Buffalo Sauce for Jordan since he craves the extra spice.
Let’s chat healthy condiments though…
Tessemae’s and I go back to the early blog days. They have continued to expand their product line and most recently launched their pantry dressing line. I almost didn’t believe them when they said they were coming out with a line of dressings that weren’t going to be sold in the fridge yet still made with all healthy ingredients. This line is also lower in price since it isn’t in the usual glass jar, making it more affordable for consumers. I was really impressed by the strategy behind these dressings and the flavors/variety they launched with them. They have everything from Cilantro Lime Ranch to Classic Italian and a Classic Balsamic. Check out this pack with a few of their top sellers!
What I also love about Tessemae’s in general with all of their products, are the ingredients they use. They have everything from condiments to marinades, mayos and dressings. All paleo, whole30 with no sugar added and many are certified USDA Organic. The honey mustard is INSANE.
When I made these burgers using the buffalo ranch, I even got to freeze a a few since the recipe makes 7 total. I had these on english muffins the first time but they would also make a delicious side dish with meat or even with some fried eggs on top!Print
Buffalo Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Buffalo Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers made with grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients plus they are Whole30-friendly!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 7 burgers 1x
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium sweet potato)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (I used frozen and just microwaved it for 30 seconds so it was softened)
- 3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Buffalo Ranch
- 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Mild Buffalo Sauce (optional if you like spice)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients until well combined
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper and use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and form the burgers
- Add to the baking sheet then add the sheet to the fridge to let the burgers set for about 30 minutes (optional but I think it helps them stay!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake burgers in oven for 35-45 minutes (you can broil at the end for a minute to get crispy too!)
- Enjoy with bun, toppings and condiments of your choice (I recommend this pack for some fun add-in’s)
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days or freeze burgers for a few months
**I haven’t tested other flours or flax egg! Please comment below if you do
Thank you Tessemae’s for partnering with me for this post. I am so excited to spread the love about your delicious wholesome products!