Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies that are gluten-free, nut-free dairy-free and uses coconut oil instead of butter!
It’s been awhile since we shared a new cookie recipe here on the blog.
Cookies have always been my favorite dessert. No matter what day of the week, no matter what the occasion is, there is nothing better than warmed cookies (or frozen too – I’m weird) paired with a class of nut milk.
These Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies are the latest craze over here and that’s for a few reasons..
For starters these cookies are super thick, hard on the outside and have a soft center. Just the way I like my cookies. These cookies also have no butter in them, no gluten and they are refined sugar-free! Instead of cane sugar or brown sugar typically in cookies, I use coconut sugar. And instead of butter, we use coconut oil.
What I also love about these cookies are the options we have for flour. I have made these with sprouted spelt flour, oat flour and gluten-free baking flour. I know sprouted spelt flour is not considered gluten-free, so if you do have celiac or a severe gluten intolerance, I suggest using oat or gluten-free AP instead. It will work great! But sprouted spelt flour has been one of my favorites to use for baking. Sprouted grains are easier for our bodies to digest and most of the time if gluten isn’t your friend, you can digest spelt flour.
I hope you love these thick, rich and CHOCOLATEY cookies. Don’t forget to tag me when you make them! And don’t forget about the round up of the best healthy cookies from the blog.
Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies
The Best Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies made with all gluten-free, nut-free ingredients for an easy and delicious cookie recipe.
Yield: 12-15 cookies 1x
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 pasture-raised eggs (or sub two flax eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour or sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add in the flour, cacao powder, tapioca flour and baking powder and mix again
- Fold in chocolate then form into cookies and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Let cookies cool on tray for about 10 minutes then remove and enjoy
These cookies look so yummy! I never thought to use coconut oil, I can’t wait to try this recipe
My Favorite Healthy Holiday Cookie Recipes + Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate – rachLmansfield
[…] Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies (gluten-free) […]