It’s been awhile since we shared a new cookie recipe here on the blog.
Cookies have always been my favorite dessert. No matter what day of the week, no matter what the occasion is, there is nothing better than warmed cookies (or frozen too – I’m weird) paired with a class of nut milk.
These Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies are the latest craze over here and that’s for a few reasons..
For starters these cookies are super thick, hard on the outside and have a soft center. Just the way I like my cookies. These cookies also have no butter in them, no gluten and they are refined sugar-free! Instead of cane sugar or brown sugar typically in cookies, I use organic coconut sugar from Better Body Foods. And instead of butter, we use liquid coconut oil from Better Body Foods too!
What I also love about these cookies are the options we have for flour. I have made these with sprouted spelt flour, oat flour and gluten-free baking flour. I know sprouted spelt flour is not considered gluten-free, so if you do have celiac or a severe gluten intolerance, I suggest using oat or gluten-free AP instead. It will work great! But sprouted spelt flour has been one of my favorites to use for baking. Sprouted grains are easier for our bodies to digest and most of the time if gluten isn’t your friend, you can digest spelt flour.
Better Body Foods liquid coconut oil is amazing in this recipe. Baking with liquid coconut oil is a game changer. No more melting solid coconut oil then waiting for it to cool before baking. The oil is already in liquid form making it 100x easier to use in the kitchen. I use it in a variety of my recipes here on the blog: Double Layer Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Bars and Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
I also use refined sugar-free chocolate in these cookies. I link below in the recipe to my suggestions for chocolate and they are always my go-to in the kitchen!
I hope you love these thick, rich and CHOCOLATEY cookies. Don’t forget to tag me and #rachLeats when you make them!
Double Chocolate Coconut Oil Cookies
- 1 cup Better Body Foods Liquid Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
- 2 pasture-raised eggs (or sub two flax eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour or sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Better Body Foods Cacao Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice (I used this one!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add in the flour, cacao powder, tapioca flour and baking powder and mix again
- Fold in chocolate then form into cookies and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes
- Let cookies cool on tray for about 10 minutes then remove and enjoy
Thank you Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!