Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Cookie Skillet made with almond flour for a grain & dairy-free dessert!
Banana bread strikes again babes. Except this time it is even better (like I never even thought that was possible).
Banana bread is here in COOKIE SKILLET form you guys. We are combining two of life’s greatest gifts, banana bread + cookies into one grain-free, dairy-free and low sugar recipe. Yet I promise despite what I just said about all the “free’s” it still tastes absolutely dreamy.
It is no surprise that I have a love affair with both banana bread’s and cookies as you can see on the blog.
And that is how my banana bread cookie skillet was born..
In this recipe, I used Enjoy Life Foods.
What I love most about Enjoy Life Foods is what they stand for as a brand. Their products are free of gluten, peanuts, soy, casein, wheat, dairy, egg, potato and more. They are free of the “top 8 allergens”. All non-GMO and they make a variety of products in addition to baking chocolates like baking mixes, cookies, seed & nut mixes, and more. Enjoy Life Foods was one of the first brands I started buying when I began baking healthier recipes, and needless to say they have a warm place in my heart, always a spot in my pantry and most importantly a spot in this banana bread cookie skillet! I partnered with them for Celiac Awareness Month and am so excited for you guys to try this.Print
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Cookie Skillet (grain-free)
- Yield: 1 skillet 1x
- Category: grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free
- Cuisine: dessert, snack
- 1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
- ⅓ cup liquid coconut oil
- ⅓ cup creamy nut butter (i used almonds)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate (I used Enjoy Life Food’s chunks, mini’s and dark chocolate chips)
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cast-iron skillet with coconut oil (mine is about 12 inches wide, you can also use a pie dish!)
- Add mashed banana, coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl and mix with hand mixer or very well with wooden spoon/spatula
- Add in almond flour, baking soda and mix again
- Fold in dark chocolate and add to greased skillet
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and bake in oven for 20 minutes
- *Will stay good for 5 days or you can freeze for longer!
Thank you Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!