Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies made with only 6 key ingredients. These delicious and healthier cookies are nut-free and made with gluten-free oat flour, sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup and are ready in just 10 minutes!
This quarantine… it has had ya girl really busy in the kitchen, let me tell ya.
I haven’t made this many new recipes since the days of testing food for both my blog and book. 2018 was out of control over here with recipes and I am having flashbacks to those moments.
I have been making new recipes with the intention of using up ingredients that I have on hand. The other day I used up some dates that I had in the pantry for far too long. I also tested an enchilada pasta (coming soon) that used up extra pasta, lentils and enchilada sauce I had. And today, I am making these Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies. Not because I personally have extra olive oil, but because you guys seem to!
Usually I use coconut oil or butter in my cookies. The butter is so key in making those Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies (gluten-free) extra tasty. But not all of us have butter on hand or can eat butter. Most kitchens do indeed have some olive oil so that is why we are making these olive oil chocolate chip cookies today!
Let’s run through the ingredients we need to bake these healthier Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies.
- Pasture-raised egg – I haven’t tested a sub here. I do think flax egg would work, but I can’t say from experience. If you do make these with flax egg – let us know!
- Extra virgin olive oil – This is the main star of the cookies. If you are looking for a cookie sans olive oil, check out these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleo + vegan)
- Maple syrup – You can also use honey here
- Coconut sugar – The mix of a liquid and grainy sugar are key for the texture. If you don’t have coconut sugar, sub 1/2 brown 1/2 cane sugar
- Gluten-free oat flour – You can also use spelt flour here. I haven’t tested anything else
- Chocolate chips – the more the better!
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies
Easy Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies made with 6 key ingredients. These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free and are ready in 10 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 9 cookies 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk together the egg, oil, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until smooth
- Fold in dark chocolate then scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto the baking sheet
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top if desired and enjoy!
*Store leftovers in airtight container for 5 days or freezer for longer
**I haven’t tested subs