This 10-minute Cauliflower Fried Rice is the easiest dinner recipe to whip up using whatever is in your freezer. It is also Whole30, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Easy meals are my calling.
I’m not one to finish a day of work and then want to make some fancy and elaborate meal for dinner. I don’t like to dirty about numerous pots and pants. And I also always want to use what I have on hand in the fridge, freezer and pantry. And I like to make a large meal so we have left overs.
I sound like a lazy pain in the tush. But believe it or not, this recipe satisfies every single need I listed above.
An easy healthy one-skillet Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe using what I have already in the kitchen and ready in just a few minutes.
This meal is something the whole family can eat. Ezra, Jordan and myself all love it. I’m waiting for the day that Ezra starts to reject certain foods but as long as there was avocado and some chicken on each bite, he was a happy camper.
I love that this meal really uses all things I have on hand already. I like to keep my freezer stocked with frozen meats and veggies and things. And if I didn’t have cauliflower rice, I’d use regular rice or whatever I have handy.
You can really adapt this recipe to work for you and your preferences.
What ingredients I use to make this healthy fried rice:
- Frozen cauliflower rice – or you can use regular rice
- Chicken breasts, tenders or thighs – you can also use beef or pork or anything you have on hand already. My freezer usually has chicken handy.
- Frozen veggies or fresh – I used onions, carrots and avocado here. You can also add in broccoli, peas, anything!
- Coconut aminos – I use this as the “soy” sauce
- Sesame oil – you can also use avocado or olive oil but I love using sesame oil here!
- Eggs – feel free to omit if you prefer but I love adding these in like a traditional fried rice has
10-minute Cauliflower Fried Rice
This 10-minute Cauliflower Fried Rice is the easiest dinner recipe to whip up using whatever is in your freezer. It is also paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons tapioca or arrowroot flour (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Any frozen or fresh veggies on hand: carrots, peas, broccoli – anything. I just use whatever I have
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice (I used the Trader Joe’s organic!)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Optional toppings: scallions, avocado, sesame seeds
- Warm 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Coat the chicken in the tapioca flour if using then add to the skillet
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side (or until ready) then remove chicken from heat
- Warm another tablespoon of sesame oil on skillet and add in the onions and veggies and cauliflower rice and mix around
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add the chicken back in and pour the coconut aminos on top and mix well
- Crack the eggs on top of the rice mixture then cook for another 2 minutes or so until fully cooked and ready
- Add any desired toppings and serve while warm (or cold if you are like me and prefer this leftover in the fridge!)
*Will stay good in airtight container for 5 days in fridge