Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread made with all vegan and gluten-free ingredients for a healthy banana bread recipe!
A few years ago, I shared a Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread here on the blog. Not only was the recipe mediocre but the photos were pretty unappetizing if you ask me! I then found myself scrolling and looking at other older recipes with an urge to tweak them.
This recipe is the first of many I’m going to be recreating from the blog. And at this point we’re talking 4+ years ago some of these are from, and I like to think I have brushed up on a few more kitchen and photo skills since then 😉
Ok ok but this healthy Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread..
This bread is a mix of devil’s food cake and banana bread in my opinion. The consistency is extra *moist* and has the best chocolatey flavor to it. Because I added in melted chocolate to the batter plus some cacao powder and chocolate chips. Such a game changer!
Then there’s the addition of Vital Proteins Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte. Hands down one of my favorite products they have ever created. It is amazing to add just to your smoothies or warmed milk etc. for a drink of sorts but I love to bake with it.
But what does collagen even do to a recipe? Adding collagen to a recipe doesn’t change the consistency at all but it does add some extra nutritional benefits and protein, which is always a plus if you ask me. Especially when you crave sweets and banana bread 24/7. I need to get some protein in too 😉
I chat all things collagen here and why I use it. It is one of the only supplements I add into my daily eats in addition to vitamins. I have seen great benefits personally from taking it, and I truly love using Vital Protein’s collagen.
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do. You know I love a good banana bread recipe!
Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (vegan)
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte*
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, ground flax, coconut sugar, milk, coconut oil, nut butter and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the almond flour, collagen and baking powder until well combined with no clumps
- Mix in the melted chocolate and mix together well
- Fold in the dark chocolate then add to bread dish and bake for about 50-60 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!)
- Allow the bread to cool for a bit then slice and enjoy
*Okay to omit if you don't have on hand but I love that it adds extra protein!
Thank you Vital Protein for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!