The Easiest Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread made with all vegan and paleo ingredients for a simple and healthy pumpkin loaf with no added sugar.
A few weeks ago I shared my Classic Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread.
And needless to say, that recipe has been one of the most popular on the blog to date.
I have received a ton of comments about substitutions for it. More than usual, which I’m not entirely sure why. Usually I receive a few here and there but there was influx on how to make that pumpkin loaf both grain-free and vegan.
So here we are friends!
A few weeks and tries later, we have the Easiest Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread at our fingertips.
I use a small handful of ingredients to create this loaf. It is a little moist on the inside (almond flour absorbs more liquid ingredients than grain-based flours) and also has zero added sugar!
Here are the key ingredients you will need to whip this loaf up!
- Flax egg. Instead of pasture-raised eggs. I would assume they work as well in here but I haven’t tried.
- Organic unsweetened pumpkin. The star of the show!
- Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. 99% of my baking recipes include this oil
- Garden of Life Organic Ground Flaxseed. Since we aren’t using a grain-based flour, I wanted to add a bit more of something to bulk this up and make the texture less “wet”.
- Almond flour. I use the Trader Joe’s brand. Please do not use almond meal! I also haven’t used coconut flour. Please refer to this blog post before subbing coconut flour
I personally enjoy both of the pumpkin breads and also my Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. But this one is better for Ezra since there isn’t any added sugar in it too!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we have 🙂Print
The Easiest Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
The Easiest Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread made with all vegan and paleo ingredients for a simple and healthy pumpkin loaf with no sugar added.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 65 mins
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons Garden of Life Organic Ground Flaxseed + 5 tablespoons water)*
- 1 cup organic unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup Garden of Life Organic Ground Flaxseed
- 2 cups almond flour (not almond meal – I use Trader Joe’s brand usually)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread dish with baking sheets (helps prevent sticking!) and grease the ends of the dish too
- In a large bowl, cream together the pumpkin, coconut oil, flax eggs and milk until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the flour, flaxseed, baking powder and spices until smooth
- Pour into bread dish and bake for about 60 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean when you stick in center!)
- Allow to cool (if you can ha!) and slice
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days or freeze for longer
*If nut-free, please try this Classic Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread instead
*Can also use pasture-raised eggs instead of flax egg
*I haven’t tested other flours in this. Coconut flour will not be a 1:1 sub.
Thank you Garden of Life for partnering with me for this post! It means so much to me to collaborate with brands I love and believe in.