The Best Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread made with gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients for a healthy pumpkin bread recipe!
Mmmmm kay. I didn’t think I could love a sweet bread recipe anymore than the suspects already here on the blog, but this Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread proved me wrong. It is hands down one of the best homemade breads that has come out of my oven, that is for sure.
I love that this bread is just the right texture. It isn’t too moist, isn’t too true and meets in the middle perfectly. Sometimes when you make pumpkin bread, the pumpkin consistency overpowers the flour making it a bit too soft. But not this loaf, it is just right.
The only chocolate pumpkin bread recipe you will ever need…
This Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread also has added collagen peptides in it adding a nutritional boost and protein to the recipe. And you don’t even taste it (more on baking with collagen here). Baking and cooking with Vital Proteins collagen peptides is one of the most underrated ingredients ever. It dissolves into the batter, doesn’t thicken it at all and adds nutrients you don’t even know sneak in there.
This bread is also gluten-free, paleo and egg-free (or you can use eggs instead of flax egg!). It is perfect for anyone who is craving a sweet pumpkin treat but doesn’t want to spike their blood sugar and sit with their pants unbuttoned afterwards. This loaf is IT.
You need just a few simple ingredients like organic pumpkin puree, almond flour, coconut sugar and ALL the spices. Spices are so key in getting that pumpkin pie-like flavor.
If you make this recipe and love it (which I hope you do!), please share it with me over on Instagram! And if you want to use collagen peptides in your kitchen again, feel free to check out a few of my fave recipes using Vital Proteins collagen: 4-ingredient Blueberry Collagen Jam, Chocolate Banana Collagen Snack Bars and Easy Collagen Breakfast Crepes.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread FAQ:
- Can I sub another flour for the almond and coconut flour? I haven’t tested other flours in this recipe yet. If you are looking for a grain-based flour, here is my favorite Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread made wth oat flour!
- Where do I store this bread after baking? I prefer keeping all of my baked goods in the fridge to help them stay fresh longer. I usually save them in there for about 5 days or I wrap them to freeze them for longer!
- What is your favorite paleo chocolate? This dark chocolate is my favorite! No refined sugars and sweetened with coconut sugar. So many flavors and you can use bars and the baking/snacking gems. Code RACHL for free shipping too!
- Can I make this bread into muffins? Totally! Just watch the bake time. My guess would be 15-20 minutes!
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with Collagen Peptides
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with Collagen Peptides for an easy and healthy pumpkin bread recipe, perfect for an epic breakfast idea or snacking any time of the day!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 pasture-raised eggs (or sub 3 flax eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour*
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (you don’t taste it!)**
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (code RACHL for free shipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan well with coconut oil
- Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, collagen peptides, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix until well combined and no chunks!
- Fold in dark chocolate then add to bread pan
- Bake for 40 minutes then cool before slicing!
Will stay good in airtight container for 5 days on counter or freeze for a couple of months
*I have not tested other flours!
**Omit if you don’t have but I recommend adding for extra boost!
Thank you Vital Proteins for partnering with me on this recipe! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!