Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread made with gluten-free and refined sugar-free ingredients!
It has been awhile since we have shared a new banana bread recipe on the blog.
I made so many loafs over the past couple of years between my Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato loaf and so on, that I was really satisfied for a bit.
Until I was craving a slice of banana bread that had a ton of peanut butter flavor with melted chocolate and didn’t call for any eggs in it. Aka I was out of eggs and didn’t feel like going to the store to get more..
I didn’t even plan on sharing this recipe as I was making in the kitchen. I had zero expectations for how it would turn out, but the second I took this sweet and banana-y loaf out of the oven, I knew it was going to be a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
This Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread pretty much combines all of my favorite foods into one perfectly delicious recipe. We have bananas, chocolate and peanut butter all in one gluten and dairy-free banana bread!
What I love about this bread is how versatile and EASY it is to make too. I used sprouted oats and oat flour as the flour but you can absolutely sub spelt or gluten-free flour if you choose.
But first let’s make this Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread. It will hit the spot for a sweet breakfast combined with your favorite yogurt and granola. Or you can eat it as is for snack and dessert. I smeared a slice with a thick layer of creamy cashew butter and it was SO GOOD.
Only want half of a loaf at first? Freeze the other half! This loaf freezes very well and can easily be defrosted and reheated as you’d like.
I cannot wait to hear what you think! Don’t forget to tag me and #rachLeats when you make it 🙂
Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread (gluten-free)
The BEST peanut butter banana bread. Made with all vegan and gluten-free ingredients. Plus it is low in sugar and sweetened with a little maple syrup.
Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup almond milk or filtered water
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or quick or steel cut)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups oat flour (spelt works too but I haven’t tested others)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (code RACHL)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed bananas, ground flaxseeds, milk, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Mix well then add in rolled oats, flour, baking powder and mix again
- Fold in dark chocolate chips then pour into bread dish
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes
- *Will stay good for a few days on counter or fridge and you can also freeze for longer
- Category: gluten-free, vegan
- Cuisine: banana bread, snack, breakfast