Anything soba noodles, greens and almond butter sauce has my name all over it.
I am sitting here having a zoodle pad thai with a homemade spicy almond butter sauce and it is unreal. I love making simple dishes with an asian-flare that are packed with hidden veggies and nutrients. Yes, I do crave greens instead of cookies (sometimes, ha!).
Plus soba noodles are my actual favorite form of noodle to cook with. I use these all the time at home and I love that they are gluten-free and filling. I used these to bulk up the rainbow rolls a bit and since they get pretty sticky, it works perfectly in this recipe.
I was also so nervous at first to roll these rainbow rolls using the collard greens. I hadn’t done this before with the collard greens and just staring at them made me get all worried I’d epically fail. I also am working on some recipes that include collard greens for the book too, so after I saw how easy it was to roll these up, I was beyond excited. I know that if I can do it, you guys can do!
These Vegan Rainbow Rolls are filled with the soba noodles, crunchy carrots, cabbage, avocado and Organic Girl Baby Spinach. They are so fresh and tasty and are delicious with this Spicy Almond Butter Sauce.
You guys know Organic Girl is a one of my beloved brand partners here on the blog. There are so many recipes featuring their greens! They make a variety of fresh greens that are ready-to-eat (already washed!) and we stock up on the different leafy green varieties every week. They also have salad dressings and waters and teas in their product line up.
I hope you love these Vegan Rainbow Rolls! And don’t forget the Spice Almond Butter Sauce for dipping.
WHAT YOU NEED
Vegan Rainbow Rolls with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 5 collard green wraps
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup Organic Girl Spinach
- 1 and 1/4 cup cooked soba noodles
Spicy almond butter sauce:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Wash the collard greens and let them dry completely before assembling wraps
- While the collard greens dry, mix together the almond butter sauce ingredients until well combined
- Lay the collard green on a large cutting board with the stem side facing up
- Slice the end of the stem off and gently trim some of the stem from the collard green, making sure not to trim too much! You can also leave in if you are lazy (aka me)
- Add a handful of soba noodles, followed by carrots, cabbage, spinach and avocado to the collard green (you can also add some sauce in there too if you want)
- Fold the ends in and roll up, tucking in the wrap as you roll so it forms into a tight wrap
- Slice in half and enjoy with sauce!
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in!