15-minute Vegan Pad Thai Noodles made with veggie noodles and a homemade creamy almond butter sauce for an easy Whole30 meal!
There are probably million different healthy pad thai recipes on the internet right now.
But I don’t see many that are both plant-based and Whole30, something many of you have been asking for over the past few months. I gotcha covered with these 15-minute Vegan Pad Thai Noodles today. One of the easiest lunch/dinner recipes I have ever made and they take 15 minutes to make – it doesn’t get any easier than that!
Full disclosure, I do like to add some soba noodles or brown rice noodles to this recipe when I make it to bulk it up a bit but for anyone who wants a lighter meal and something that is Whole30-approved, the mix of veggie noodles are so delicious in this recipe! I use a mix of zucchini noodles and butternut squash noodles. You can really sub any veggie noodle you love. Sweet potato would also be perfect in this dish too. Sometimes I cheat and buy veggie noodles already spiralized and other times I take the time and actually spiralize them myself. But with the babe and life getting a bit crazier, spending the extra couple dollars on organic ready to cook veggie noodles is worth it to me.
The best almond butter thai sauce to mix into the veggie noodles..
This recipe is filled with flavor from the creamy almond butter sauce I mix in it. I combine almond butter, coconut aminos, sesame oil and some veggie broth and it makes the simplest and tastiest sauce. You can also use a cashew or peanut butter if that is what you have! Really anything will work. The more oily the better with the nut butter. It if it is too thick, it won’t be as easy to warm together.
I mix in Organic Girl’s Baby Arugula (aka my fave type of leafy green ever!) in this dish. I love the subtle bitterness the arugula adds and the perfect crunch in the dish too with the scallions. You can use any of their greens you are craving. The Rebel Greens would also be perfect in this or even some baby spinach!
Hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do! If you are seeking more Whole30 eats, here is a round up of more eats for you.
The Easiest 15-minute Vegan Pad Thai Noodles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups organic zucchini noodles (I bought these already spiralized)
- 2 cups butternut squash noodles (I bought these already spiralized)
- 1 large organic red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts of choice (I did cashews and pine nuts)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons organic scallion, chopped
- 1-2 cups Organic Girl Baby Arugula
Almond butter sauce
- In a large skillet, warm the garlic and oil over medium heat and make sure pan is coated with oil
- Add in the zucchini and butternut squash noodles and red pepper and toss around (I like to cut the noodles with a knife too to make it easier to sauté)
- Cook over medium heat, covered for about 5-8 minutes or until softened (I don't like mine too soggy so I tend to undercook)
- While the noodles cook, stir together the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and melt together over medium/low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking
- Once sauce ingredients are well combined, pour on top of the noodles and mix well so all the noodles are covered in creamy sauce
- Fold in the nuts, avocado and scallions and add to a plate or bowl with the baby arugula sprinkled on the bottom and I like to sprinkle extra on top!
*This will stay good in the fridge for 3-5 days. It may be a bit soggy so I recommend making sauce in advance and spiralizing the veggies then making before you eat.
**If not plant-based, feel free to add protein! I love mixing in some grass-fed steak in this
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post!