I had zero intention of adding this recipe to the blog. But then I get all crazy and started swooning over these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Oatmeal Bars and had to share this recipe.
I wanted to use up leftover pumpkin I was using for my Paleo Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Loaf and remember those insanely good Vegan Chocolate PB Oatmeal Bars I made awhile back. I had a feeling that recipe could easily be modified with pumpkin and with a few simple tweaks we were in action.
I am a sucker for anything pumpkin and chocolatey and to be honest, there is nothing more comforting than an oatmeal bar when I am freezing my tush off and want a cozy, sweet and delicious snack.
What I love about these bars is that there is very little added sugar. I use just 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to sweeten the bars. The almond milk, nut butter and even the chocolate all have zero added sugar to them! If you want to make them a little sweeter, just add an extra couple of tablespoons of maple syrup and use sweetened chocolate chips.
These bars are so dreamy served warmed up and with a little yogurt on the side. Or they are even delicious as is. I have a feeling these will be a hit for Thanksgiving morning for breakfast, which is why I wanted to share with you ASAP!
I cannot wait to hear what you think. Don’t forget to tag me on instagram so I can see them too 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
Peanut butter – this one is SO GOOD!
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars (gluten-free)
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup oat flour (can sub gf flour too)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (creamier the better)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 bar of midnight chocolate (see above for what I use)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish
- Combine oatmeal, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract and almond milk together and mix well
- In a separate bowl, add the maple syrup, pumpkin and peanut butter together and mix with hand mixer or a wooden spoon until well combined
- Mix the wet ingredients with dry and fold in chocolate
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Let the bars cool for about 20-30 minutes
- Cut & enjoy!