Friends, I have your new homemade hash brown recipe ready for you!
After sharing some sweet potato hash browns in my breakfast sandwiches and in my bowls over the past few weeks, the most common comment on the pics are “what is the hash brown recipe?!”. If we are being totally honest, I sometimes cheat and just buy some in the freezer section at the grocery store. There are some that are actually made with solid ingredients and when you’re craving them on the reg, making them isn’t always feasible.
But then I made these 4-ingredient Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Brown Cakes and I’m hooked on making them! They aren’t pan-fried and coated in tons of oil like the restaurant ones and they freeze really easily so you can make a bunch then save them for later.
I love that I snuck in some extra greens from Organic Girl in here too. I use their Rebel greens (aka baby bok choy) but you can use any greens you wish! I love how nutritious these are and they add a little extra something to the cakes.
You can pair these with anything you wish. Egg sandwiches, bowls, tacos, use them as buns – anything!
Before baking them in the oven, you will just mix the grated sweet potato with egg, coconut flour, greens and spices. So easy and simple to make!
After you whip these Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Brown Cakes up using Organic Girl’s greens, see if you’re craving some of my other fave recipes using their greens: 10-minute Crispy Green Falafels, Vegan Rainbow Rolls with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce and Whole30 Loaded Veggie Burgers.
4-ingredient Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Brown Cakes
- 1 medium organic sweet potato, washed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons Organic Girl Rebel Greens, chopped
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1.5 tablespoons avocado oil (or coconut or olive)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a small baking tray with parchment paper
- Grate the washed and peeled in small pieces then place in a medium bowl with the rebel greens
- Crack the egg on top of the sweet potato and mix together with a fork then add in the avocado oil, coconut flour and spices and mix well
- Using a mason jar lid or cookie cutter, shape each hash brown and add to the baking tray (should make 4 total)
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Store these in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for a couple months
Thank you Organic Girl for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in!