Posted by https://rachlmansfield.com/chickpea-less-sweet-potato-falafels/
© 2018 rachLmansfield. All rights reserved.
Loading nutrition data...
Chickpea-less Sweet Potato Falafels (grain-free, vegan-friendly)
- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) or sub 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or oat flour - haven't tried coconut but if you do I reco 3 tablespoons to start and add as needed)
- 2 tablespoons Sir Kensington's Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black powder
- For serving: organic greens, Sir Kensington Special Sauce, Quinoa, Sir Kensington's Avocado Ranch, anything you're craving!
- Wash and peel the sweet potato well (I use this brush and soap)
- Cut into smaller pieces and add to food processor to chop
- Once the sweet potato is in small rice-size pieces, add the flax egg, almonds, flour, dijon, garlic powder and black pepper and blend until well combined
- Grease the large skillet with avocado oil and form each falafel with about 2 tablespoons each and add to the skillet to crisp for about 2 minutes on each side
- Then add to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Falafels will stay good in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for a couple months!