Low key obsessing over this recipe right now.
I didn’t think the healthier tater tots would exists. And I definitely did not think they would be crispy without frying them, but today we are making healthy BAKED Sweet Potato Tater Tots.
I am still scratching my head over the fact that I spent the first chunk of my life not into sweet potatoes. My mom says I loved them as a baby but unless I was munching on hash browns or curly fries, potatoes weren’t really my thing.
What I love about these is that they are almost too easy to make. You only need a few ingredients that you likely have on hand already since they are cooking staples and it’s not a huge mess in the kitchen. These tots are also vegan and paleo-friendly. All you need are 2 medium sweet potatoes, almond flour and a few spices! Plus you will need Sir Kensington’s Ketchup for dipping. What’s a tater tot without ketchup, right?!
WHAT YOU NEED
Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots (paleo + vegan)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sir Kensington's Ketchup for dipping!
- Boil a large pot of water and add washed sweet potato to the pot
- Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes then remove to cutting board lined with paper towel
- Let the sweet potatoes cool (you can do this overnight or add to fridge to cool quickly)
- Using a fork mash the sweet potatoes well so they are in puree form
- In a small bowl add the almond flour and spices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Using your hands form into small tater tots and the dip into seasoning then add to a baking tray
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then flip and serve for another 20 minutes
- Enjoy with Sir Kensington's Ketchup!
Thank you Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love and believe in to support the blog!