Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal made with gluten-free, dairy-free ingredients for an easy and healthy breakfast recipe!
It feels like forever ago since I have shared a baked oatmeal recipe with you guys!
Oatmeal bakes were actually one of the first recipes I used to make when I started experimenting in the kitchen. I loved how it combined a little cake-like dish with oatmeal for breakfast and how easy they are to make. I used to just toss in any mix-in’s and things we had in the fridge or pantry and make so many different types of baked oatmeals.
This one though is hands down my favorite. I guess it could be because it has a bit of a banana bread theme (shocker) and I also think the ratio of oats to the other ingredients used are on point. It just soft on the inside and the outside has a little crunchy edge and “crust” of sorts.
The best part about this recipe though?
This gluten-free oatmeal bake is ready in just 25 minutes.
And you’ll get 4-5 servings out of it so you are set for the week! I love adding a slice to my breakfast plate with some coconut yogurt, fresh fruit and granola on top. It feels like I’m eating cake for breakfast or a big oatmeal cookie of sorts. Plus this recipe has an extra boost to it from the collagen peptides I add to the batter.
You read about why I use collagen peptides in this blog post, but for anyone who is knew to the collagen world – welcome! One of my favorite secret powerhouse ingredients to add to pretty much anything. I love that you get extra protein from it, the collagen helps with hair, skin and nails and so much more. This recipe though I am using the Vital Protein’s Vanilla Collagen Creamer and it tastes so good. Usually I use the unflavored varieties but when I saw this gem in the pantry, I knew it would taste pretty darn good in this Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal. I have been using Vital Protein’s collagen products for three years now and trust where they source from (all grass-fed and wild-caught).
Let me know when you guys make this recipe! I love seeing all of your creations from the blog on Instagram. They always remind me which recipes I am craving again 🙂Print
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal made with gluten-free, dairy-free ingredients for an easy and delicious homemade oatmeal bake! Plus there’s a boost of collagen peptides for added nutrients and protein.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs (or sub flax egg)
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer (adds extra nutrients, flavor and protein! you can sub regular collagen peptides as well)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 10 or 12-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil (or use a 9×9 baking dish or pie dish!)
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, egg, nut butter, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined
- Mix in the rolled oats, collagen creamer, flaxseeds, chia seeds and cinnamon and stir well to evenly combine
- Fold in dark chocolate chips then add to skillet and bake for about 25 minutes (I stuck a toothpick in to see if it was ready)
- Enjoy the oatmeal bake with desired toppings (I love using yogurt, fresh fruit, anything!)
*Store leftovers in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months
Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring this post!