Raise your hand if you would eat those little bites muffins that came 3 or 4 in a pack in blueberry and chocolate chip?
I was a sucker for those muffins – especially the chocolate chip. My Mom used to pack them for me with my lunch (love ya ma). I have always been a huge chocolate chip muffin gal, well really anything chocolate chip related, you know? So needless to say today’s recipe is a personal fave of mine and it is here just in time for wondering what the beep to pack for breakfast and a snack or work or school.
This Dark Chocolate Chip Muffin Bread is pretty much muffins made into a bread. It reminds me of those little bites muffins but in thick slice form instead. I’ve also lightened up the recipe a bit making it much healthier and more filling than your usual muffin in the bakery. I use ingredients unsweetened applesauce, non-dairy milk and almond flour making this recipe also gluten-free and vegan. I love baking with almond flour for my breads especially because it makes the loaf a bit more dense and filling to have.
But the best part about this muffin bread? Ya, you can’t miss it – the dark chocolate chips mixed into the bread and sprinkled on top of the loaf. I use Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels as you guys have been seeing over on Instagram. They make allergen-friendly products that are free of gluten, dairy, soy, nuts and many other of the top allergens. They also melt like no other when you bake them and add the best dark chocolatey flavor. Their baking chocolates are a staple in my pantry whether it’s the mega chunks or semi-sweet chips too. Remember those Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars? All about the chocolatey touch friends.
This Dark Chocolate Chip Muffin Bread makes for a delicious breakfast topped with a little nut butter and sprinkle or granola. Or you can add it to a yogurt bowl with coconut yogurt, sliced banana and anything else you are craving. Possibilities are endless.
Dark Chocolate Chip Muffin Bread
- 1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 flax eggs (or 2 pasture-raised eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread dish well
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, milk, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until creamy
- Add in the coconut sugar, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon until well combined
- Fold in dark chocolate chips then add to bread dish
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!)
- Allow the bread to cool for a couple minutes then slice and enjoy
*Store leftovers on counter for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months
**Any subs I have tested will be listed in recipe. Please sub at your own risk! If you do switch anything up, would love to hear in the comments!
Thank you Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post! It means so much to me to partner with brands I love and believe in on the blog!