Family food prep! Sharing our food prep tips on how to efficiently prep food for you and your family to fuel everyone all week long.
We are back with week 3 baby! Family food prep week number 3 is LIVE and ready for you and your family to eat!!
Here is week 2’s meal prep menu!
Our goal here is to teach you guys how to make a week worth of food (4 nights because ya girl gets take out on weekends) and have something new every night. Even if you are using the same few items that you made. I love sharing these ideas with you guys!! Let me know what you make and if you cook along, tag me on Instagram!.
Here’s how food prep for your family works:
- Step 1: Pick out 2 types of protein you want to cook, 1 grain and at least 3 veggies to make. Optional: pick how you want to spice them up each night (use this week’s meal ideas as a guide).
- Step 2: Make a list of the ingredients you need to prepare each one. Keep in mind the number of people you feed will dictate the quantities of what you make. We do ours for a family of 4 but 2 adults and 2 young kids so what we prep differs from someone with 2 adults and 2 teenagers.
- Step 3: Go to the grocery store or schedule your groceries to be delivered to save time/energy.
- Step 4: Begin cooking. Set a timer so you actually see how long it takes you. We clocked ourselves and it took 1 hour 30 minutes this week. You will get quicker over time.
- Step 5: Add everything to your tupperware or food storage of choice and store in the fridge until meal time.
This week’s family food prep line up:
- Protein 1: Grill-pan chicken! Extra thin pounded thin breasts are on the menu this week.
- Protein 2: Italian sausage. We boil these for 25 minutes then cook on grill pan for 5 minutes to crisp a bit.
- Grain 1: Basmati rice cooked per the instructions on the bag. I add some ghee into it too for flavor.
- Veggie 1: Frozen peas – we did a mix of peas, carrots, corn and snap peas!
- Veggie 2: Sautéed zucchini and onions in some olive oil and spices
- Veggie 3: Braised broccolini – we used this method to make it.
- Dressing 1: We decided to also make my homemade caesar dressing for this too!! To make caesar dressing.
What questions do you have about food prep?!?!