Family food prep! Sharing our food prep tips on how to efficiently prep food for you and your family to fuel everyone all week long.
Welcome back to episode 5 of family food prep!! And this week we are doing a GRILLING prep!!!!! So needless to say this is the ultimate summer food prep week. Everything we are making is on the grill except the quinoa.
It is easy to spice things up this week and really make whatever you want with the food we prep. But we did map out 4 delicious ideas on how you can spice things up for dinner each night.
Here’s how food prep for your family works:
- Step 1: Pick out 2 types of protein you want to cook, 1 grain and at least 3 veggies to make. Optional: pick how you want to spice them up each night (use this week’s meal ideas as a guide).
- Step 2: Make a list of the ingredients you need to prepare each one. Keep in mind the number of people you feed will dictate the quantities of what you make. We do ours for a family of 4 but 2 adults and 2 young kids so what we prep differs from someone with 2 adults and 2 teenagers.
- Step 3: Go to the grocery store or schedule your groceries to be delivered to save time/energy.
- Step 4: Begin cooking. Set a timer so you actually see how long it takes you. We clocked ourselves and it took 1 hour 30 minutes this week. You will get quicker over time.
- Step 5: Add everything to your tupperware or food storage of choice and store in the fridge until meal time.
This week’s family food prep line up:
- Protein 1: Grilled chicken. You can can make any you want! Thighs, breasts or drumsticks like we did!
- Protein 2: Grilled salmon. My personal favorite!! I like getting organic scottish salmon these days – so fatty and flavorful and its sustainably raised.
- Grain 1: Quinoa. Cooked over the stovetop per instructions. I like to cook in some broth for flavor too.
- Veggies: We are making grilled veggies! And those dreamy Grilled Sweet Potato Fries!
Meal idea 1: Mediterranean Salmon Quinoa Bowls. I make a salsa with cucumbers, olives, feta, onion and it is so good!!
Meal idea 2: Arugula salad with grilled chicken, veggies, cheese and sweet potato fries (add in any other mix-in’s you have!)
Meal idea 3: Mish mosh plate like we do every time! Sweet potato fries, veggies and the chicken or salmon!
Meal idea 4: Grilled burrito! We added the quinoa, beans, chicken, cheese, veggies and it was amazing.
Here is a link to the weekly grocery list to shop with as a guide!