Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bread made with less than 8 ingredients
I may or may not have brought some of this with me to Montauk this past weekend.
I seriously cannot get enough and neither can Jord. I also was brainstorming like 100 more banana bread recipes on the 3 hour train there and back too. Yes, over 6 hours total it takes us to get to and from Montauk each weekend.
We have a house out there with 7 guys and myself (yes, you read that right). Jord’s cousin rents a house out there in June and this is the second time we are joining in. I seriously love Montauk so much despite the trek out there. It is such a perfect beach town. It is super low key compared to most areas of the Hamptons with some of my favorite restaurants.
We will be out there every weekend in June so obviously I am having a panic attack about the amount of money we are spending on the trains, house, food, cabs, etc. I have been bringing a bunch of snacks and treats out with me to help minimize some snacking costs since my snack in take would probably cost more than a meal (just kidding…but really).
I am happy to share that this Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bread travels well and it won’t have you feeling all heavy on the beach in the bathing suit. Pretty much all of my recipes have that intention on the blog. I am not one who wants to be in a bathing suit feeling large but I also don’t want to be sipping a kale juice (gross) at the same time.
I adapted this recipe from my Strawberry Oatmeal Banana Bread. I was going for a cinnamon bun vibe but one thing let to another and it more reminds me of an oatmeal raisin cookie.
It is SO easy to make like all my other banana breads and you can freeze half too.. if you don’t eat it all first 😉
[bctt tweet=”Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bread made with less than 8 ingredients” username=”rachLmansfield”]
Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bread
Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 ripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup drippy peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons agave (can use honey or maple syrup)
- 2 eggs (can sub flax but I haven’t tested)
- Dry Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup oat flour (oatmeal food processed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Add in’s:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or spray a loaf pan with parchment paper (I used 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5)
- Mix together wet ingredients with Kitchen Aid or hand mixer
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with spatula
- Fold in raisins
- Pour into bread dish
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (stick tooth pick in and should come out clean)
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
- Category: gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: dessert, breakfast, snack